• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What are you paying for your NC700X?

Since the MRSP has been lowered by $500 for the 2013 DCT, the dealer you heard this from is lying.

I see your misunderstanding there, let me clarify. The 2013 DCT ABS is $8,499 plus $310 delivery fee (total MSRP $8,809). The 2012 DCT ABS MSRP was lowered to match the 2013 price.

What I meant when I said that the 2013 would have cost me $600-$750 more, I meant that I could get the 2013 bike for about $7,800 - $8,000 ($700-$500 off list) plus delivery, dealer, etc. I think it would be reasonable to say that you should be able to get a 2013 for $500 off list and a 2012 for $1,000 off list.

You may not be aware that delivery, document, title, and prep are all dealer based fees and over and above what Honda charges dealers (yes, I know Honda enables the delivery fee by publishing a price - but it completely dealer option and some dealers never tack it on). Kind of irrelevant if you add any such fees to the out the door price before taxes and registration - then you can compare that price to what others pay. I didn't pay any fees in addition to selling price, which was $600 below MRSP (MRSP for my manual $6,995). So my out the door price was $6,400 before taxes and registration (paid directly to my state when I picked up my tags). I could have reduced that like you by purchasing out of state to as low as $6,000 but traveling in winter was too much trouble and would have cost close to the price I paid.

I think you paid a fair price for the DCT before the delivery fee, but that was a total scam. You would have paid less for the next years model, the dealer did not reduce the 2012 price to 2013 levels as your price is above what others have paid. I talked to a dozen dealers before buying and some really insisted on their fees. So I took my business elsewhere.

On the bright side, you bought local, and will get a couple more months of use over waiting for new models. In my case of course, I would have paid $500 more if I waited for the new manual model as the manual is going up in price.

Wesley Chapel Honda, found them most flexible and open. I dealt with Johan there. I saw they had two 2013s on the floor. I honestly did also find the Melbourne and Sanford dealers very open/honest/relaxed. All other regional dealers I called I felt I was calling slimy-used-cars-r-us.

Picked up my 2012 last month for 8200 out the door with tax ,title ,license ,assembly delivery charges and they threw in helmet, four season touring jacket and gloves. Basically got all the dealer markup fees knocked off and financed the gear with a discount and got away with not paying the new 500.00 markup on the 2013s.

I found the only dealer who had them in stock on the floor and they were a few hundred less than other dealers sale prices.

Actually I will name them, southbay motorsports.

I was surprised by there customer service. I actually had the head sales manager take an hour of his time at closing time and show me a couple of models. He talked me out of buying a Yamaha wr250 and trying to mortard it and was very informative and showed the Nc700x. He is an avid rider and has 15 motorcycles in his stable and treated this newbie with respect and didn't pressure me into running my credit or anything. I returned the following day and did all the paperwork and was out the door in about two hours ready to ride. They even delivered the bike with zero miles to my front door after hours as I couldnt get ahold of my friend to give a ride.

I have since been back to purchase more gear and have the first factory service performed. I highly recommend them.

Last edited:
I just paid $10,318.79 out the door for a new 2012 NC700x manual with every available Honda option except the touring windshield (not installed, I will do that myself) and extended (3 additional years) warranty with 2 free Maintenance visits per year and all the oil changes I can fit in. The breakdown was $6499 for the NC700x, $1500 for the extended warranty/maintenance plan, $2,059.79 for all the options (and we think we got an extra saddlebag bracket in there that they will refund if I don't need), $75 for Doc fees and $183 for Registration and title fee. I somehow took a $6757 Out the Door price and turned it into $10,318.79! Yipes!

Last edited:
Pretty good deal ...

The price of my NC700X was 5999.00 plus 400.00 in doc. fees. I added the touring windscreen which needs to be taller and definitely wider, honda heated grips, upper and lower deflectors which seem to work well and had the accessories put on at the dealership. The price for every thing came to 7164.00. The only complaint I have is the touring windscreen is too small and the seat is too hard. Thinking about a gel pad for the seat.

Sounds pretty close to mine ... I paid $5999 OTD (2012 manual) with a center kickstand installed. Moxford you get yours in Shawnee?

I just got a quote today from a local dealer on a 2012 leftover DCT. OTD with tax (6 percent) freight, setup, documentation and additional overcharge. $9,315.

Checking with other dealers around here they are not ordering 2013 DCTs unless purchased in advance. It's tempting because this one is here right now. Of course any modifications to correct the height issue are on me.

If you guys think this price is close to being fair I will see if I can get anything thrown in, i.e.; center stand and 12v socket.

I just got a quote today from a local dealer on a 2012 leftover DCT. OTD with tax (6 percent) freight, setup, documentation and additional overcharge. $9,315.

Checking with other dealers around here they are not ordering 2013 DCTs unless purchased in advance. It's tempting because this one is here right now. Of course any modifications to correct the height issue are on me.

If you guys think this price is close to being fair I will see if I can get anything thrown in, i.e.; center stand and 12v socket.

That price is probably at least $600 too high. You should never need to pay freight and setup. Those are just bogus charges the dealer adds to pad the price. $8200 plus tax, title, and license is probably the most you should pay. And I think even better deals than that have been posted by other members.

Remember too that the 2013 DCT MSRP was reduced $500 from 2012s, so it doesn't make any sense to pay more for last year's model.

Online, the center stand costs about $117, no tax, free shipping if you want a price reference point.

Any dealer that would add "additional overcharge" in the quote does not sound like a reputable dealer to me. You'd be overcharged alright. I would run out the door.

Greg

Last edited:
I agree, bad price. No one is getting the 2013? So purchase in advance then - no out of pocket carrying charge for the dealer for stock on floor. Any business minded dealer would get you a good price.

"Any dealer that would add "additional overcharge" in the quote does not sound like a reputable dealer to me. You'd be overcharged alright. I would run out the door."

Greg,
i added that. It's a line from Seinfeld that aptly describes the pricing structure of vehicles. (See excerpt below)

JERRY: "Rust-proofing"?

PUDDY: (Reading off what he’s adding up on the calculator) Transport charge, storage surcharge, additional overcharge, finder’s fee…

JERRY: "Finder’s fee"? It was on the lot!

PUDDY: Yeah, that’s right. (Continues reading off) Uh, floor mats, keys…

JERRY: “Keys”?!

PUDDY: How ya gonna start it?

"Any dealer that would add "additional overcharge" in the quote does not sound like a reputable dealer to me. You'd be overcharged alright. I would run out the door."

Greg,
i added that. It's a line from Seinfeld that aptly describes the pricing structure of vehicles. (See excerpt below)

JERRY: "Rust-proofing"?

PUDDY: (Reading off what he’s adding up on the calculator) Transport charge, storage surcharge, additional overcharge, finder’s fee…

JERRY: "Finder’s fee"? It was on the lot!

PUDDY: Yeah, that’s right. (Continues reading off) Uh, floor mats, keys…

JERRY: “Keys”?!

PUDDY: How ya gonna start it?

OK, I should have caught that. What's even funnier is I'm watching a Seinfeld episode right now as I type this.:D "Why can't you be more like Lloyd Braun?" "Serenity now"!

Greg

You should never need to pay freight and setup.

I want to mildly disagree here. To properly workout the best price for a Bike/Car/Etc, you need to start with some sort of baseline. That baseline is usually the manufacturer's MSRP. In the case of the 2013 NC700X DCT ABS, that is $7,809 ($7,499 + $310 delivery) for a fully assembled bike at your local dealer. This are the clearly listed on the Honda corporate web site.

If the model was brand new 2014 and you wanted to get the first one off the delivery truck, I'd probably be happy just to get the dealer to give me the 'baseline' and go with that. Sometimes it can take half your negotiating energy just to get the dealer to this simple baseline.

But once on it, you can negotiate "down" to get a discount to cover the shipping, etc. You should also ask about any vendor rebates or promotions. I don't know if the 2013's gets it, but the 2012 model I bought qualified for $600 buyers rebate at purchase. So that's another $600 off before you get the dealer to even discount the product. The same when talking add-ons, though I find it best if you keep them as a 'separate' part of the discussion with the dealer.

I think a good baseline would be the dozens of reports of real selling prices here, not the arbitrary MRSP, and the very phony shipping price. There are always some people who pay MRSP for vehicles and are told that title/documentation/shipping fees are mandatory and believe it. Thank goodness for the internet where forums such as this can give a broader perspective than just one or two local dealer BS.

Your negotiating tactics are fairly sound as far as they go, but it is easier to negotiate from a lower starting point that the works plus "additional overcharge" noted on a post in this thread yesterday.

I want to mildly disagree here. To properly workout the best price for a Bike/Car/Etc, you need to start with some sort of baseline. That baseline is usually the manufacturer's MSRP. In the case of the 2013 NC700X DCT ABS, that is $7,809 ($7,499 + $310 delivery) for a fully assembled bike at your local dealer. This are the clearly listed on the Honda corporate web site.

If the model was brand new 2014 and you wanted to get the first one off the delivery truck, I'd probably be happy just to get the dealer to give me the 'baseline' and go with that. Sometimes it can take half your negotiating energy just to get the dealer to this simple baseline.

But once on it, you can negotiate "down" to get a discount to cover the shipping, etc. You should also ask about any vendor rebates or promotions. I don't know if the 2013's gets it, but the 2012 model I bought qualified for $600 buyers rebate at purchase. So that's another $600 off before you get the dealer to even discount the product. The same when talking add-ons, though I find it best if you keep them as a 'separate' part of the discussion with the dealer.

Different dealers deal in different ways. I actually have a Honda dealer that says right up front, "here's my cost ($6400 for the manual 2012), I need to make $300 on the deal, so $6700 +Tax, Title, License is the price". I took that to a competitor 50 miles away and got the competitor's price to $6500 +TTL (this is just 6 days from the first 2012 NC's ever showing up at U.S. dealers). There is no talk about freight, setup, or the "additional overcharge". If I walk into a dealer that starts off with the freight and setup jargon, I give them one chance to strike it from the quote, and if not, I leave.

The baseline from the dealer's point of view is MSRP plus freight, setup, & document fees. That way he can lower the price a little, and you feel like you "got a good deal". Everybody "got a good deal", right? My starting baseline is dealer cost, or whatever the lowest price the bike is selling for in the USA. Then we meet in the middle somewhere, hopefully a lot closer to my baseline than his.

Remember too that dealers get additional monetary incentives from the manufacturer that aren't reflected in dealer cost, so they are making money even selling at "cost". No sane dealer will sell at a price that loses him money, so you should feel no guilt or responsibility that the dealer was not given a fair payment for the merchandise.

I also think it's best to buy at the end of the month, when sales quotas need to be met. I think that worked to my advantage since I bought on July 30 and the dealer seemed very highly motivated to close the deal quickly at any price.

I realize different parts of the country, for whatever reason, command different prices. From the Plains to the Appalachians, prices seem to be lowest, with higher prices on the coasts.

Greg

Last edited:
I need some help desperately in Denver, CO. I want an NC badly, but I'm not willing to overpay for one!

I recently visited a dealer in Aurora, CO and they quoted me $7,950 OTD for a 2012 manual transmission model, including 7% tax. This seems high based on what I've seen, though I know prices are somewhat higher regionally here. I'd be happiest with a DCT ABS model, but I literally cannot find a single one in the entire state of Colorado or anywhere within a few hundred miles.

Anyone have any idea of any dealerships in Colorado or surrounding states that have a DCT ABS model in stock at a decent price, or somewhere that will work with me and give me below freakin' MSRP on last years' model? CycleTrader is useless for the NC since no dealer bothers to correctly list their DCT/non-DCT versions. Is it even possible to get a DCT at below MSRP at this point?

Hi all! i'm planning to buy one this week. The best quote I've got is $6899 for a 2012 leftover with manual transmission,no extras(from another state) + 60$ for paperwork and temporary license place. i have to spend extra money to register it in my state and pay sales taxes. for 2013 OTD prices are around $8200 and up in my area(PA)(out of my price range for this particular bike). i see that some members are buying at invoice prices. here are my questions-what i can negotiate? ok,the invoice price is $6400 or something like that. the bike is a year old. it's not getting any better by just sitting at the dealership.what arguments can i present to the dealer at trade,to convince him to reduce the price?
Any advise\tactics are appreciated!
Thank you!
V

Hi all! i'm planning to buy one this week. The best quote I've got is $6899 for a 2012 leftover with manual transmission,no extras(from another state) + 60$ for paperwork and temporary license place. i have to spend extra money to register it in my state and pay sales taxes. for 2013 OTD prices are around $8200 and up in my area(PA)(out of my price range for this particular bike). i see that some members are buying at invoice prices. here are my questions-what i can negotiate? ok,the invoice price is $6400 or something like that. the bike is a year old. it's not getting any better by just sitting at the dealership.what arguments can i present to the dealer at trade,to convince him to reduce the price?
Any advise\tactics are appreciated!

Thank you!
V

I don't see that you need any excuses or arguments. Simply offer them $6400, as that is what other dealers are selling for and have been selling them for since last July. They either want to sell the bike at that price or they don't. All they can do is say no, and you're free to leave if you want and shop elsewhere.

Greg

For what it's worth I paid $6999 for a 2013 manual transmission model about two weeks ago. This is the 2012 price as the 2013 MSRP is $7499. There was a dealer I found on cycle trader who had a 2012 model and was willing to let it go for $5999. When I contacted them they were very anxious to do a deal but wouldn't finance the bike without me coming to their dealership. Since it was 200 miles away I declined.

Back