• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Wet weather gloves WA, OR, and BC??

A co worker of mine has hippo hands on his KLR. I can 't bring myself to ever put something that big and imo gaudy on my bike I understand they serve a purpose but find them to be super ugly. The other issue I have is I like not having anything around my hands and the controls, outside of possibly guards which will be going on the bars hopefully soon. I'm sure they are very effective just am not willing to go that far with function over form.

No worries, I don't care what I look like on my commute, just so I am warm and dry when I get there. I quit worring about what others think I look like when I got married, lol.

I for the most part strongly agree with the not caring what I look like. Thus why I ride with a yellow helmet and then hi-viz jacket. Practical and just hope people see me. I think more than anything I just have a newb mental aversion to not seeing my hands.

Funny you should mention Salem, OR. I will most likely be buying my 700x from there in late August. There is a new 2013 version there waiting for me.

Since there is a lot of talk of Klim equipment on this thread, may I hijack it for a minute and ask if anyone has experience with Klim Induction?

For wet weather hand protection, it's hard to beat the Aerostich rain (3 finger) gauntlets that slip over any glove. In their catalog they're called "Triple Digit Glove Covers" and it takes a while to get accustomed to all that extra material but after a while they feel normal and they seem to last forever. They can also be used a wind barriers if you're caught out without warmer gloves plus they fold into a tiny package so they can easily be stored in a jacket pocket or on the bike. They are always in the "traveling stuff" bag in my NT700V along with Frogg Toggs.

Last edited:
I bought some hippo hands for my FJ1100 a few years ago, found out a few weeks ago they fit my NC, which is awesome. I had to take the plastic covers off my barkbusters is all. I've ridden in some heavy rain here in NW Oregon and my hands stay dry and warm in there, just thin summer gloves. Wish they were still in business, they're a high quality product.

For wet weather hand protection, it's hard to beat the Aerostich rain (3 finger) gauntlets that slip over any glove. In their catalog they're called "Triple Digit Glove Covers" and it takes a while to get accustomed to all that extra material but after a while they feel normal and they seem to last forever. They can also be used a wind barriers if you're caught out without warmer gloves plus they fold into a tiny package so they can easily be stored in a jacket pocket or on the bike. They are always in the "traveling stuff" bag in my NT700V along with Frogg Toggs.

How are those for grip on the controls? I tried them on at their pop-up event in Portland, but didn't pay much attention to how much grip is on the palms or fingers.

Back