• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Well I just inquired about an auxiliary tank.

turbodieseli4i6

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I just emailed justgastanks.com and Safari tanks about an auxiliary tank.
If it takes as long as the TW200 it should only take two years to get one.
The more interest they get, the sooner we get a tank. So any help would be appreciated.
I really don't want to make my own out of carbon fiber or fiberglass, but I will if necessary.

Just Gas Tanks.com

Safari Tanks USA

Safari-Tanks | Contact-Us - Safari Tanks

I did my part with just gas tanks. I had a Safari on my Husqvarna 610 and I expect it would take them many years to come up with anything.

What sort of range to want the bike to have?

You can't have too much gas unless you are on fire. I like to have 300 miles minimum and 400 preferred for an LD bike in North America. The range of the NC700 is adequate. But only so. Under 200 miles does not work for me.

I would prefer a 500 mile range. I don't have too fill it all the way though. Alaska is my dream ride and a little extra fuel may start a camp fire or help a fellow rider out.
(If they need gas) Just gas tanks emailed me. They said they don't make tanks, just sell them. I think in time someone may make one for the NC.
I Hope they do, because I don't really want to make one! I will if necessary but its not on my top ten list.

You can't have too much gas unless you are on fire. I like to have 300 miles minimum and 400 preferred for an LD bike in North America. The range of the NC700 is adequate. But only so. Under 200 miles does not work for me.

I guess that it has a lot to do with the distances between towns in the USA compared with the UK

How hard would it be for Rotopax or Acerbis to make a drop-in tank that fits in the frunk? That would get another 2 gallons no?
(new here. been shopping for a NC700X for months)

I guess that it has a lot to do with the distances between towns in the USA compared with the UK

For me, it's not so much the distances between places (although that *has* figured prominently in some of my more angst ridden trips a few times, lol) but more to do with being able to explore and enjoy myself once I get to where I want to set up "base camp".

A couple years ago, I went to a little spot I'd long had my eye on, in central/eastern BC. It was roughly 175 km's from the closest town, and dead ended, with no other ingress or egress, no other sources of fuel, and virtually zero traffic.

No cell reception, no AAA or BMW roadside assist, haha.

So you're thinking: "what's the big deal, mate? That's only a round trip of 350 km's give or take. A little over 217 miles, take a couple litres in a Rotopax, and Bob's yer uncle!"

Well, I've long ago learned that hills and headwinds can just nuke your expected gas mileage, and it happens when you least want it to. So I may have been able to juuuust squeak by with a no nonsense there and back jaunt (which is what I had to do) but I *really* wanted to go there, set up camp, hang out for a day or so, and ride around the roads and trails in the surrounding valleys.

Being able to carry extra fuel with you, doesn't mean you have to, so 99% of the time, no biggie, you don't have to suffer with weight or whatever it is that people who don't care about more fuel, think is the: "why would anyone want more fuel" drawback.

I also admit without shame, that it's a particular fetish with me. I am filled with completely immoral lust for this:

image.jpg

Whereas this, leaves me completely cold. Wouldn't want one if it was given to me. (well, if I could immediately sell it, sure...)

image.jpg

Lets face it, if we could afford a Bugatti , we would be riding a 1200gs Adventure with a 8 gal tank . That is if my legs grew about 5 inches longer.

For the right price, HONDABIKEPRO might make you one like he made for his bike where it replaces the pillion seat. I can't imagine that it would be cheap though. That one is a helluva nice addition to his bike. Its too bad it's not a mass produce item.

For the right price, HONDABIKEPRO might make you one like he made for his bike where it replaces the pillion seat. I can't imagine that it would be cheap though. That one is a helluva nice addition to his bike. Its too bad it's not a mass produce item.

OK, HondaBikePro, may we see a photo of that?

Here's my setup for our Alaska/Deadhorse trip next week.
On the highway my range is about 425 miles.
mege6y4u.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you looked at the F650 tank at justgastanks? I've thought about that one for the nc but don't know how much modification it would take.
Mike

If I was NEVER going to have a passenger I would get one of Dales tanks!!.
If you had one of his tanks and alum panniers you could also attatch a RotoPax to the lid of 1 or both of the panniers and have a total of up to 9.7 gallons!!.that could be up to 700-800 miles on the highway !!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back