• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Weight of NC700X

glesage

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all, does anyone have an idea of how much of the total weight of the bike is the engine & transmission block (with oil)...? Or even better, the actual weight?

Thanks!

Are you asking how much the curb weight (472 lbs, with all fluids and full gas tank) or just the engine and transmission? Good luck finding that out...my guess would be about 125-175 lbs. I've got pretty good Google skillz, and everything I found was the curb weight.

Go on eBay and find an NC700X engine for sale, as they are offered frequently. Ask the seller what the unit weighs (for shipping) minus any pallet or packaging.

All I know is that it is only slightly lighter than an Africa Twin ;)

Alright well I got 3 responses between 138lbs and 155lbs. Honda says the DCT model is 26lbs heavier, so 164-181 lbs for that one.

I'm actually surprised, I figured more of the weight was from the engine block.. that represents only %30 of the fully fueled weight of the bike.

FYI: Engine oil is going to end up at ~6 lbs and gas at ~21.5 lbs

Parts of the DCT/ABS model's weight is the parking brake system, the ABS system, and the transmission controller. Not all of the additional DCT/ABS weight is contained in the engine/transmission block.

Back