• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Vista "cruise control"

rhody987

Reaction score
Visit site
So one of my number one complaints with long rides has always been hand cramping and wrist soreness. (Maybe I don't ride enough)
Saw a post about this and I can say u am torn.
Good product, easy to install works well as a throttle lock. Whats that mean? It won't hold your speed it will hold your throttle in one position. So... Up and down hill you speed will vary however, you can easily manipulate the throttle with it engaged. This has become a must for my 70mi on the highway commute.

But!! Due to heated handgrips I can't cut my grips down to get the vista to sit flush.

Long story short, awesome when I want it, hopefully some more riding and ill get used to loosing one inch of hand room.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373926411.744085.jpg

There was this thread (http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/2641-go-cruise-throttle-lock.html) a while back. I really liked this product in concept and to be honest, on long rides it would be convenient to have my throttle hand free for a moment or two once in a while to deal with vent zippers and what not. It would solve your problem without requiring any modification to the heated grip.

I was just not a fan of the cramp buster, found it moving alot not giving me a break at all, and worrying more about it then anything, but maybe I didnt give it enough of a chance. Only tried it for about 60 miles just messing with it.
I use the Vista Cruise with the Cramp Buster. The two together get the job done.

Cramp Buster: Original Motorcycle Cruise Control - Crampbuster

I use the original cramp buster. I also have grip puppies. I spin the cramp buster off to the end weight when I get into twisties and then spin it back on when I want it. I still want a throttle lock for the long boring roads. Tried the cable tie but it wasn't stiff enough so I'm going to find a stiffer cable tie and try it again.

There was this thread (http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/2641-go-cruise-throttle-lock.html) a while back. I really liked this product in concept and to be honest, on long rides it would be convenient to have my throttle hand free for a moment or two once in a while to deal with vent zippers and what not. It would solve your problem without requiring any modification to the heated grip.

I just now bought one. THank you. After reading your recommendation and furter reviews, I pulled the trigger on it. I have been wanting some king od Cruise Control since I bought the bike. I constantly take 30-50 mile rides, and this will be such a relief of the throttle hand....
:cool:

I use the original cramp buster. I also have grip puppies. I spin the cramp buster off to the end weight when I get into twisties and then spin it back on when I want it. I still want a throttle lock for the long boring roads. Tried the cable tie but it wasn't stiff enough so I'm going to find a stiffer cable tie and try it again.

That is the same thing I do, but I use a rubber Throttle boss and I just leave it half on the bar end and half on the throttle grip all the time. The throttle stays wherever I leave it and I like it that way.

ThrottleBoss.jpgthrottleboss1.jpg

If you don't have barkbusters the bar ends may slowly move as the bar ends turn if they are stock.

Last edited:
Back