• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Vibration resistant small flashlight???

houssam2

Reaction score
Visit site
I keep a small flashlight velcro'd to the bottom inside my honda top case for night time use (check tires, pressure, frunk, find keyhole, etc.). But the NC700X's suspension is so jarring, that it ruins most of them in short order. I tried 3 or 4 so far and they didn't last long. I had one that looked pretty durable, but I found it in pieces after about a week of commuting. I'm considering abandoning this and just putting a small weak led light on my keychain.

Does anyone know of a durable led flashlight that can live in the top case for more than a month?

Wrap it in a soft cloth or a piece of foam or carry it in a soft side bag with other items. I have one that's traveled tens of thousands of miles with me in a tank bag. I don't think it is particularly vibration resistant.

Streamlight pro-tac 2AA or 2AAA. $35 on amazon great lights and use regular batteries. I bought mine when I worked maintenance in a steel mill and it survived that and now is with me at the nuclear plant.

Does anyone know of a durable led flashlight that can live in the top case for more than a month?
Fenix....I like the LD15. Uses a single AA battery found everywhere.
Amazon.com: Fenix LD15 High Performance LED Flashlight: FENIX: Sports & Outdoors

If you need/want a bit more pop, the LD-22 takes two AA batteries and will burn your retina's out Amazon.com: Fenix LD22 190 Lumens Flashlight, Black: Sports & Outdoors

I've toured/rallied all over with both of these. No problems.

The LD15 is slightly larger than a single AA battery. The LD-22 is quite a bit larger and bit more bulky. Buy the LD15 and just keep it in your pocket. No need to squirrel it away in the top case.

Last edited:
Wrap it in a soft cloth or a piece of foam or carry it in a soft side bag with other items. I have one that's traveled tens of thousands of miles with me in a tank bag. I don't think it is particularly vibration resistant.

I think the reason mine is short-lived is the top case is attached to the frame and the flashlight is attached directly to the top case. I bought door insulation (basically 1" wide by 3/8" thick foam strip) and will try to put that between the flashlight and the top case to see if that fixes the problem. So I think you're right. Either I get a super strong flashlight or somehow isolate it from the vibrations as you've done.

Not as handy as a flashlight, but I keep one of these tucked under the rear seat: Tecmate Optimate O120 12V/6 LED Flashlight with SAE Connector

6 LED Flashlight with SAE Connector.jpg

Not cheap (About $20 on Amazon), but plenty bright if you already have a SAE connector available and any charge whatsoever. Plus you don't have to keep tabs on the battery.

I keep a small flashlight velcro'd to the bottom inside my honda top case for night time use (check tires, pressure, frunk, find keyhole, etc.). But the NC700X's suspension is so jarring, that it ruins most of them in short order. I tried 3 or 4 so far and they didn't last long. I had one that looked pretty durable, but I found it in pieces after about a week of commuting. I'm considering abandoning this and just putting a small weak led light on my keychain.

I keep a ball cap in the frunk and a bill light. I like it because it is hands free. With my bald head it takes care of both jobs. Keeps the sun off in the daytime and warm at night. I even have one I placed on the bill of my helmet.

I've been extremely happy with my Zebralight H600. It's actually a headlamp, but with the head strap removed, it makes a great flashlight as well. It costs a bit more, but it's extremely versatile and doesn't take up much room.

Get one of the small FREE flashlights from Harbor Freight. They're cheap, reliable and disposable.

i wouldn't call them reliable :) but they are free with a coupon(and HF ads are in every magazine) . i have probably 10 of them, if not more. so -i agree on disposable part:)
i also carry one,but in a frunk. put it into old sock or something. should be more than enough + you have a piece of cloth, in case if you need one.:)

Have to agree with the harbor Freight LED flashlight. Many times they are totally free but even when they're not free, they are still ridiculously cheap.

Attachments

• 9-27-2014 9-16-28 AM.jpg
    9-27-2014 9-16-28 AM.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 52
Back