• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Vario Touring Screen

Does the Vario screen hit anything at full turn of the handlebars like some windshields do, or does it have clearance?

Doesn't touch a thing. Perfect clearance.

What setting did you mount your vario touringscreen at (are the rubber windscreen inserts in the higher or lower position)?

I installed the vario touringscreen about 3 months back with the rubber mounts in the higher position. Didn't notice any interferences until now; just noticed that the throttle cable was kissing the edge of the touringscreen, now the throttle cable jacket fully split where it touched, exposing the liner.

I tried to switch the 4 rubber inserts/mounts to the lower position but then the bottom pointy section of the touringscreen touches on the black plastic surrounding the headlight.

Little disappointed on the fit of the screen, but it is still an improvement over the stock screen for riding.

What setting did you mount your vario touringscreen at (are the rubber windscreen inserts in the higher or lower position)?

I installed the vario touringscreen about 3 months back with the rubber mounts in the higher position. Didn't notice any interferences until now; just noticed that the throttle cable was kissing the edge of the touringscreen, now the throttle cable jacket fully split where it touched, exposing the liner.

I tried to switch the 4 rubber inserts/mounts to the lower position but then the bottom pointy section of the touringscreen touches on the black plastic surrounding the headlight.

Little disappointed on the fit of the screen, but it is still an improvement over the stock screen for riding.

That's puzzling! I originally had it mounted in the highest position but didn't like the additional buffeting rendered at all settings. Perfect fit, bad buffeting. Then mounted it in the lowest position. Still perfect fit and no buffeting. Maybe a different jig setting used in production? No explanation.

I have the Vario and at both settings I have never had any contact with any cables or controls. I haven't installed my 2" Rox risers yet, but I don't expect that to cause any problems either. BUT- I will keep my eye on the throttle cable now that some problems have occurred.

That's puzzling! I originally had it mounted in the highest position but didn't like the additional buffeting rendered at all settings. Perfect fit, bad buffeting. Then mounted it in the lowest position. Still perfect fit and no buffeting. Maybe a different jig setting used in production? No explanation.

It could simply be that yours and RedRob's handlebars are positioned differently. Depending on how the bars are positioned in the risers and also how the controls are mounted on the bars they can make contact with the screen or not. I have the Puig screen and my throttle side made slight contact while the other side did not. I had read that others did not have any interference with the Puig screen so I was perplexed for a moment. I loosened the risers and rotated the bars down slightly maybe 1/2" at most and voila! No more contact. Also then re-positioned the brake reservoir to be level (no clutch reservoir on the DCT).

Width of MRA Vario screen

I have the Vario and at both settings I have never had any contact with any cables or controls. I haven't installed my 2" Rox risers yet, but I don't expect that to cause any problems either. BUT- I will keep my eye on the throttle cable now that some problems have occurred.
Max what is the width of the MRA Vario screen? I know it is 360mm tall, but was curious of how wide it is.
Thanks

Back