• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Valve Adjustment Interval - 2012/13 Model Versus 2014/15 Model

About the manual saying it is 8 vs 16.
I bought a 2013 service manual from my Honda shop.
It came as a 2012 with stickers to put on that say 2012-2013. So I guess they are really the same.

What, again, is the word from later models?

The later models call for 16k.

After my second adjustment at 16k, I won't be adjusting again until I hit 32k or until it begins idling less than optimally.

The first 8k adjustment had one intake valve a little tight but within spec. The 16k adjustment everything was within spec.

So, for me, I'll be doing 16k intervals from now on. I would still do the first at 8k.

The later models call for 16k.

After my second adjustment at 16k, I won't be adjusting again until I hit 32k or until it begins idling less than optimally.

The first 8k adjustment had one intake valve a little tight but within spec. The 16k adjustment everything was within spec.

So, for me, I'll be doing 16k intervals from now on. I would still do the first at 8k.

I sooo want to go to 16 k for the first one but I won't. I do not have that kind of luck with my life.

I went to 22k miles on my 2013 before checking. Exhaust were tight, but not dramatically. I will check them again at 40k.

Just did my most recent check (on my 2012) last week. I have a touch over 35,000 miles on the bike. I don't recall off-hand whether this was my third or fourth valve lash check. I could look in the maintenance history I keep, but am feeling sluggish just now. :)

Intakes felt right on. A couple or three exhaust valves were a touch tight. I didn't measure their actual clearance, just set them to the middle of the spec. Looks like the valve seats are still receding faster than the stems and lifters are wearing. I'm not planning to check them again in another 8,000 miles, but if I get bored I might anyway. :) I'll probably do a check at around 50,000.

Back