• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Utopia riders backrest

jimmy da vig

Reaction score
Visit site
In 2001 I bought a Utopia backrest for my Gold Wing. It was wonderful. I see that they have one for the NC 700 X/S to be mounted on the rear seat. My NC is a solo ride so that's OK.

Has anyone mounted one? Any problems since the seat tills up? If you have one, please review. I need a backrest, bad.

Backrest

I’ve had mine for over a year now. It makes a big difference for my back.

Attachments

• 043E78FE-4ADE-459C-9D89-D54DCBA7F96A.jpg
    043E78FE-4ADE-459C-9D89-D54DCBA7F96A.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 221
Looks good. But it pretty much must eliminate the ability to swing a leg over when getting on I imagine.

670, thanks for the link, I should have found it in my search. I did a long ride last week and my back still hurts. Once you're a geezer you need the support.

And yeah, I'm old enough to have to step on the peg too. So that assistance to clear the seat back is no big deal either.

Hell I use the footboard to get on my Can Am too. You can't even knock those over. I don't care, it beats sitting in a rocker.

I step up on the peg to get on,.".......................

A bit off topic, but I wonder how much weight the peg will take before it will become dangerous to get on the bike like that ?
I have a constant problem with a pinched sciatic nerve and I think the problem is caused by swinging the leg over the saddle normally.

My weight is about 100kg. Will it be safe to step on the peg to get on the bike ?

The peg is obviosly strong, but will the bike not fall over ?

Last edited:
Deejay, the peg should be good. If there's anything to worry about I'd make it the kickstand. Having said that I wore out two rubber peg covers on my Gold Wing. That had a strong stand. I wonder about these smaller bikes designed to a price point.

Deejay, the peg should be good. If there's anything to worry about I'd make it the kickstand. Having said that I wore out two rubber peg covers on my Gold Wing. That had a strong stand. I wonder about these smaller bikes designed to a price point.

Thanks for your comments jimmy. Since my previous post I had a look at the whole setup and I must admit - I am a bit concerned about the existing side stand. Maybe I should try and get a strong stand made up in advance. I already considered rather buying a lower bike, but I don’t want to sell the ‘700.

Last edited:
Hey D, they do make a very nice sister bike with the same motor... the CTX700 has a much lower seat height and some folks find the FF pegs much more to their liking. Just a thought...
:{)

Back