• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Utopia driver's back rest for all models Honda NC 700.

I guess there was nowhere else to put it but to put it on your passenger seat. Question is, is it removable so you can still carry a passenger without it?

I'm wondering if you have to remove it evertime you need fuel since I have a top box which would seem to be in the way.

Yes, one bolt to remove and off it comes. It does fold forward so passenger can get on, and you do not have to remove it. Folds forward when you get gas also.

The entire seat folds forward, so passenger can get on or off. Also, just fold seat forward to refuel. I have a large 52 liter Givi Box, myself. Does not get in the way. Don't take anything on or off.

I hope these three pictures can explain how the utopia drivers back rest works on the NC700.

My daughter still fits on backseat. But if you wish to remove drivers backrest when riding with passenger, only one bolt to remove.

Backrest 003.jpg

Driver backrest folds down for passenger to get on bike.

Backrest 001.jpg

Driver backrest clears my Givi 52 liter trunk when putting in gas.

Backrest 002.jpg

Hope these pictures help.

Last edited:
Jonakay - the ride would be more rewarding if you would teach her to drive the bike. You sit on the back seat, and grab on for dear life to those two lovely jubblies for the entire ride. More full featured ride this way. Why do you think I taught my wife to drive?

I have used this head rest on a few bikes the 89-99' Isuzu rodeo head rest on a few bikes it works very well, and they are relatively cheap.

About $25 in good condition, I just make a mount for it. I get the Black head rest, it has the hole, or open center that so you back will not get sweaty during the summer.

I have cover over one of them on one of my bikes.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/sis.html?_nkw=Isuzu+Rodeo+2+Seat+Headrest+1998+2002

Last edited by a moderator:
I would rather have the Isuzu Rodeo Back rest,

Then remove the passenger seat, and have that area as a Rack, that I can flip up to fill the tank.

I ride solo on my NC700X, so i would rather have the rear seat as a rack that is useable for me.

The back rest has a few adjustments for the screws moving the backrest up and down. There is an adjustment screw at the rear of the backrest to move the backrest foward and backward. Now have 95,000 miles on mine. I have highway foot pegs, when used with leaning against the back rest allows you pick your entire body off the seat for long time periods.

Looks like a good product. I assume, based on the pic, that the passenger seat would have to cut to install the back rest. And I wonder if the company offers it in a 'grained' leather, as opposed to the smooth shown.

My seats are home made, and I did cut out a hole at front of rear seat for easy access to the gas cap. I do not have to lift the rear seat to put in gas. The utopia comes with a small plastic fitting that covers the hole that you put in the rear set. You do not even see the small hole.

Do you think this could be installed on Dale's rear seat rack with gas hole?

Maybe. I bought a Utopia Backrest on Ebay for my PC800 in a desperate attempt to make the bike comfortable enough to ride for more than 45 minutes. I never got around to installing the backrest before I sold the bike and pretty much forgot I still had it.

Finishing 08-16-201506.jpg
Finishing 08-16-201514.jpg

The flat bar is supposed to be attached to the underside of the seat with the two bolts shown passing through the bar and into the bottom bracket of the backrest that is held to Dale's rack with the Pony spring clamp.

Yet another project to add to my list.

Last edited:
Back