• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Uninformed (aka stupid) dealer/service remarks

As long as we are talking up the good ones I'll put in a good word for Cycles of Jacksonville. Good helpful people even if one time a young parts guy thought a ST1300 was a variant of the VTX1300. I coached him up and it became a teachable moment.

As long as we are talking up the good ones I'll put in a good word for Cycles of Jacksonville. Good helpful people even if one time a young parts guy thought a ST1300 was a variant of the VTX1300. I coached him up and it became a teachable moment.

Lol...almost couldn't be more different. About the only similarity is that Honda makes them both. Good for you for teaching him. :)

bought new cb125. 4 days later took into my local dealer to adjust lose chain that fell off as I had no idea. Charged $150, now I dont mind paying something this but erked me a little. After some discussion they reluctantly let it go. I deal with other surrounding dealers now who are great.

Got several good ones. The most recent was how I ended up with the NCX.

Went to Citrus Cycle here in Florida because I was in love with a FZ-09 that they had two of in the showroom. Though I had the check already made out and in my pocket, I wanted to sit on the bike one more time to double check the "feel" of the bike. The owner, a big guy with an office five feet away from the bike, decided that I needed special attention (because I was sitting on the bike "unattended"), jumped up and admonished me for not having the salesman present. I promptly got off and apologized for sitting on his bike. I somehow found myself at a Honda dealer the next day.

Oh, and before anyone gets all wound up over the NC vs FZ9 thing, I will explain. Tall people (that cant seem to sit on a bike by themselves) have differently ordered priorities when selecting a bike. The top of the list for me is seat to foot-peg relationship. I consider power to weight third or fourth on the list. In the end, I'm happy with the change of purchasing plans. I also think I will live longer without the FZ-09. Plus, I wouldn't have found a good forum full of adults like this.

Anyway, a parts guy at another dealership wanted to look up bleed nipples on the microfiche for another bike of mine. I asked if he could just show me what he had so I could just choose one that matched. He stated that my bike had six-pot calipers and needed special high pressure nipples. I didn't bother to say a word as I left.

Once, I sat on a Suzuki B-King (the non-faired, standard version of the Hayabusa) and a salesman walked up and stated that the new B-King is faster than the Hayabusa.

I truly believe that we are all headed towards idiocracy faster than the movie described.

Back