• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Turbo NC

I think what wildeone meant is that it's a NC750S with just fairing added, and what looks like Integra's lights.
Other than that, it's a regular S. I can't say, I would love to see some of the parts on my S, like the black plastic cover below the engine - looks ssssshweat!

I'm seeing a CBR500R muffler, CBR650F wheels, brakes, some mid fairing, Integra headlight, 2013-ish looking CBR 250R upper fairing bits around the headlight, etc.

Being nitpicky personally, I wouldn't really say "other than that it's a regular S"

But that's just me :eek:

Nope, if I want a sport bike, I would go buy one now. The article states 'if you can trust Honda's patent in Japan'. Just because they patent something, doesn't mean they will build it. One of their engineers probably designed it and Honda patented it to protect their rights to the technology. Such technology would easily put the price way over $10,000 and for that price, I would add a few more $$$ and get a BMW S1000R (160 HP, MSRP $13,000) or the BMW RNineT (110HP, MSRP $15,000).

See to me, other than that tarted up photoshop affair (which I still feel looks like a pretty handsome job done, though) I still wouldn't think of it as a "sport bike" in any real comparison with other bikes.

My CX500T was more like a sport tourer or tour sporter lol, it definitely was not a sport bike. I would look at a turbocharged NC700/750 exactly as I did my CX, and to a large extent, my present NC, except with a James Bond ability to, if one wanted, push the ZOOM button at my discretion.

A sport bike, is a commitment to much more hardcore compromises in comfort, style, use intent, end result expected.

I guess I'm sort of influenced by my use intent of my nc in the first place, as I love the knobby tires and post apocalyptic vibe I get, turning a mostly 99.998 % street bike into a .002 % dirt bike, lol. Adding a supercharger would just be icing on the cake.

Like Mad Max's Interceptor. ;)

Sigh.

funny, it's the other way around with me - more and more off-road when I age :)
Hi speed pursuits not for me anymore, besides no frunk and I am no longer interested in nc700x.
Better options out there for racing bikes.

Get back to me on the more off roading thing when you get to your mid 50's, and all your old broken bones really start to hurt, lol ;)

I guess I'm alone in thinking it's completely not about "racing" or " high speed pursuits" etc., but simply a way to have all the benefits of the NC engine principle, but with the added "wheeee" when you want to pass that 18 wheeler on the uphill mountain road.

Oi, weren't you the one complaining about the NC750 not having enough power? :p

I could rally on this in the CTX. That would be fun, nice, pleasant, exciting...whatever. The CTX already doesn't have the frunk, so I can definitely see/understand this treatment for it.

It still wouldn't have the performance of something like an RC51 or CBR600 so going full fairing doesn't make sense to me but an update to the S would let it be a pretty zippy beginner bike. Maybe they are thinking of positioning it as a VFR800 replacement.
If I want speed I'll get an RC213V S.:D

I don't see dumping the frunk on the X since it's one of it's defining features. Honda may disagree though.

I'm looking more at the African Twin if it comes to the US. I would sell my WR400 and NC700X.

Well, after some experience riding 60mph+, I can see how this fairing makes sense for longer trips two-up. Less wind hitting you, and a better wind/rain protection than a naked S.
Still, it's just a Photoshop manipulation ;)

I love the look of it. If it had the same sitting position with the fairing Id be into it.

Wouldnt want to lose the frunk or MPG though.

my preference to be honest is half fairing.
like the yam fazer 600.
fzs600_fazer_2003_niebieski.jpg

Back