• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Tropical Monsoon Vs. NC700x

FlaNC700X

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have two product reviews in this article,the first one is the NC700x the second is a tour master Intake 3.0 Mesh riding Jacket, which comes with a winter liner and rain liner.

On my way home from work today the weather was not "sunny" needless to say it was a typical tropical downpour. So just before the heavy rain hit I pulled under an overpass which everyone knows is our highest hills in South Florida besides trash mounds. Took my iPod and put it in the trunk along with my phone and pulled out my rain liner to the TourMaster. Then off into the monsoon, here is where the fun begins. First part of me soaked was my knees. This bike is so skinny Snoop Dog can't hide behind it, for those of you too old to know him then picture Willie Nelson's boney ass still getting soaked. So there is very little to hide behind-you get that. Oh that cute little windscreen is about as useful as tits on a bull. I was soaked from my waist down within seconds. Good news is I think the NC loved it, she was solid as a rock on the wet pavement. Didn't act up once and plowed through it with unreal low end torque. When I pulled in the garage she shook the loose rain droplets off her and looked like the day I bought her.

However, from waist up I was dryer then Phoenix in the summer. The TourMaster kept my upper body dry. When I removed my gear when I got home my office shirt was only slightly wet around my cuffs. So for rain the NC Scores a B minus due to lack of protection. Jacket deserves an A. Cool at 93 degree Fahrenheit with 98% humidity and dry in a monsoon.

Glad to know it is a good power boat. I have the Givi engine bars on mine and have been looking at making a lexan piece for each side that rests on the outside of the radiator and is fastened to the engine bar with a radius to the outside to act as lower leg deflectors. It shouldn't look too trashy if I do a decent job of the fabrication.

I may do some mock-ups soon and will post pics. There may be some good design improvement ideas from the forum. I am leaving on the NC for a trip to upstate New York next week so I won't get them made before the trip.

Make an extra set for me and I'll make a donation!;)

Ho ho ho....happy to read all the banter here.
The first day I took the bike, it was drizzling, enough water to show that those tires stick to the tarmac. I don't know about mud or gravel though...
:p

Back