• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Trailoring

Good luck!

I forget: Is there a front wheel 'holder' on those particular trailers?

Yep. There is a wheel chock space. It seems to be pretty tight. I sat on it and shook it like hell. She didn't move much.
I'll check it again before I hit the road in the morning.
Not a bad trailer for 12 bucks a day!

Wish me luck!
I hope she decides to stay put

Anyone in the Quad Cities area? I'll see you there tomorrow.View attachment 44695
Where did you attach the front straps? I have had my NC fall over twice when trying to trailer it. I have been told to avoid the handlebars when strapping it down, so I tried to attach my straps to the fork. Still fell over. What am I doing wrong? Should not be this difficult. I added a wheel chock to the trailer. Bike fell over. Is there a "Trailering for Dummies" book available??

Where did you attach the front straps? I have had my NC fall over twice when trying to trailer it. I have been told to avoid the handlebars when strapping it down, so I tried to attach my straps to the fork. Still fell over. What am I doing wrong? Should not be this difficult. I added a wheel chock to the trailer. Bike fell over. Is there a "Trailering for Dummies" book available??
How was the bike allowed to fall over? Did a strap hook slip out of a tie down ring?

You must have a chock to keep the bike from rolling forward. I tie on to the fork legs just above the lower triple clamp with soft ties wrapped around the fork tubes. The staps should angle outward and pull the bike forward into the chock. The straps need to be tightened enough to compress the front forks maybe about half way. If forks are not compressed, the front end can bounce and your strap can come unhooked if it loosens. Then in the rear somewhere you need two more straps to stabilize the rear. Lean down on the seat to compress the rear suspension slightly as you snug the straps, again to keep the bike from bouncing on the suspension as it travels. Add more straps if you’re still worried the bike will fall over.

I have trailered 7 different bikes (one or two at a time) ranging from 180 pounds to 900 pounds, over a combined estimated 30,000 miles. On a lightweight bike I use 4 to 6 straps. On the heavy Goldwing, I use 8 straps. Never had one fall over.

Reactions: MZ5
Follow 670cc’s instructions.

For me, dirt bikes were most always fine in the back of the pickup with just 2 straps so long as I strapped them down hard enough to compress the dots 50 - 75% (though I always preferred 4). Sometimes the rear ties would step sideways, though.
The NCX hasn’t needed more than 4 when I’ve had it on a trailer with some sort of front wheel chock. Even Dad’s VTX1800 hasn’t needed more than 4 straps with a front wheel chock.

How was the bike allowed to fall over? Did a strap hook slip out of a tie down ring?

You must have a chock to keep the bike from rolling forward. I tie on to the fork legs just above the lower triple clamp with soft ties wrapped around the fork tubes. The staps should angle outward and pull the bike forward into the chock. The straps need to be tightened enough to compress the front forks maybe about half way. If forks are not compressed, the front end can bounce and your strap can come unhooked if it loosens. Then in the rear somewhere you need two more straps to stabilize the rear. Lean down on the seat to compress the rear suspension slightly as you snug the straps, again to keep the bike from bouncing on the suspension as it travels. Add more straps if you’re still worried the bike will fall over.

I have trailered 7 different bikes (one or two at a time) ranging from 180 pounds to 900 pounds, over a combined estimated 25,000 miles. On a lightweight bike I use 4 to 6 straps. On the heavy Goldwing, I use 8 straps. Never had one fall over.
Thanks for the advice. I purchased some additional tie down points for the trailer floor. I think my error was in not putting enough compression on the suspension and allowing too great an angle in the straps (reaching out to the sides of the trailer). Live and learn, battle scars to prove it.

Back