• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Touring 2 UP

I'm planning 2 up touring (about 7-8k km). I know only one guy who did tour to Italy, but i cant find his facebook page...

You'd both need a seat upgrade to make it any kind of comfortable on longer rides, unless you stop often. My girlfriend and I are good for about an hour before we need to get off and move around. My S doesn't have any issues keeping up with highway traffic with the both of us riding, and a set of soft bags & the frunk loaded with weekend gear.

I'm planning 2 up touring (about 7-8k km). I know only one guy who did tour to Italy, but i cant find his facebook page...

9.jpg

smileyladylaff.jpg

if you want to keep your wife a happy camper, put a Russell Day Long seat on you bike. Expensive, but she is worth it.

00.jpg

Last edited:
Well it won't really be considered touring but the wife just asked what we were doing tomorrow since the kids have school (make up day for bad weather) and both of us our off work. She asked if I wanted to take her for a ride. Never in a million years would I have expected that. I guess I'll find out tomorrow how much I like riding 2up on the NC. We'll only go out for a couple hours but curious to see how she handles. Lucky for the wife I purchased a BMS seat a while back.

I've done quite a bit two up touring on the NC and have made reference to that in a number of posts. I've had every possible seat on different bikes over the years and I had a RDL on a ST 1100 when I was really into long distance endurance riding. IMHO the RDL was a good seat, but not worth the money to me. By far the most comfortable bike for us was our Electra Glide with drivers backrest, floor boards front and rear, and highway pegs front and rear. My wife could literally sleep on the back of that Harley while we were on the interstate.

On the NC, I use a Air Hawk and wear padded bicycle pants. My wife sits on a Butty Buddy ($150.00) with a Givi trunk as a backrest and we can do 600 miles in a day with stops every 100 to 150 miles. We have ridden together for many years (40). We started out on a 2 stroke Kawasaki 100 when we where in high school and eventually rode cross country on a Gold Wing and then a Harley. A few years ago we rode from Oklahoma to Yellowstone NP on a Busa with just a backpack and a tank bag and we were on the road for eight days staying in hotels at night.

My point is you can do two up touring on just about anything. Some bikes are just more comfortable and better equipped than others.

My point is you can do two up touring on just about anything. Some bikes are just more comfortable and better equipped than others.

I always take such talk chance to refer to a friendly couple of mine that 30 years ago, while in their late 20s/early 30s, went around the Mediterranean from Athens,Greece to Morocco through Italy/France/Spain and back on a MotoMorini 125 and had their stuff in thick plastic garbage bags. Why such lowly equipment? "I had promised her the trip if we got the jobs we were after but we had not made enough money for proper cases/bags until Summer..." my friend told me.
Another story I had read on local press by the guy who did it in the late '90s was his trip on a 72cc overbored Honda Cub 50 where he fetched his girlfriend along camping stuff from Munich to Athens,Greece the long way down through Italy.

I took the wife I that ride I mentioned. The NC did Ok. I rode through some pretty hilly country so there were times I had to shift down one gear but as long as I kept her above 3200rpms she seems to chug right along. Felt best at 3500rpms when pulling up hills. My wife did a good job of sitting still so I could barely tell she was back there. It handled the corners well but not the same as if I was by myself. If I were being honest I would say I like riding the bike much better alone although it did a fine job 2UP.

I took the wife I that ride I mentioned. The NC did Ok. I rode through some pretty hilly country so there were times I had to shift down one gear but as long as I kept her above 3200rpms she seems to chug right along. Felt best at 3500rpms when pulling up hills. My wife did a good job of sitting still so I could barely tell she was back there. It handled the corners well but not the same as if I was by myself. If I were being honest I would say I like riding the bike much better alone although it did a fine job 2UP.

8.jpg

My wife and I have rode 2 up on every thing from a 90cc to a 1800cc. They all do the job, just at different speeds and comfort levels.

smileybigtwothumbs.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Shad seat upgrade, works fine 3ish hours. Givi Tech 55 liter top case is HERS, right side Givi Trekker Outback 37 liter aluminum case is MINE, and left side 37 liter case is biker (rain gear, tools, bike stuff). I added the backrest to my top case and will be adding a top rack to it so strap a softbag (something about shoes she said). Frunk is a oddball combination of her purse, my camera, and oddities when riding, gloves - glasses - and my helmet when parked (her helmet is much lower cost, I leave that one out).

so far, I'f found THIS. If it works at all, it will be worth a try. Maybe I could pair it up with better headsets as I'm sure the sets it comes with won't be top notch.

While it is... indelicate... to say so... the budget for this is $100 or less.
I'm sure all the blue tooth Sena stuff is the best out there.

so far, I'f found THIS. If it works at all, it will be worth a try. Maybe I could pair it up with better headsets as I'm sure the sets it comes with won't be top notch.

That was the only drawback to my ride withj the wife the other day. We could not talk. Hope these work out for you.

Two up in winter. Make sure your passenger stays warm too.

1520747_683087551741667_1975302029_n.jpg

So cheap, I'm going to order to try out.

That was the only drawback to my ride withj the wife the other day. We could not talk.

Depending on how you look at it, this can be a plus. We can still talk at stop signs/intersections, and if I need to point something out I'll grab her left leg and motion which side with my head. 60% of the time it works every time.

Depending on how you look at it, this can be a plus. We can still talk at stop signs/intersections, and if I need to point something out I'll grab her left leg and motion which side with my head. 60% of the time it works every time.

That's exactly what we did. She won't ride much so I won't be buying anything.

Back