• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

To Nova Scotia ... Eventually

rhody987

Reaction score
Visit site
Well thanks to everyone on here I feel we'll prepared and ready to go... Off bright and early tomorrow morning to see if I can make it OH-ME ... No agenda so it's just a we will see kind of day.
A few days riding the sticks there, and it will be up to Sydney and Back taking a week. Will provide updates and pics as I can.

First day pulled off 869 miles! By far the longest ever on a bike. Frequent stops and it was easy. I actually arrived feeling better then when I take my car. The route was Columbus Ohio up 71, across NY on 90 (with my ez-pass velcroed to the top of my trunk I got green lights at all but the last toll just before Albany) then cut through VT to meet my uncle at the head of the Kanc and quit a few hours later in Freedom NH.

The next day was wandering NH with an aborted attempt at Mt. Washington due to crappy conditions (I've been on a mountain in the clouds, rain, and wind so I figured save it for the way back.) we I stead opted for Hurricane Road, which was slow and bumpy as hell but fun with its 15% grade.

Day 3 today was over to Waterville, ME in just crap conditions sprinkling minimum, with good spurts of rain and wind the whole way, we aborted the state routes for the interstate only to find an accident and an hour in 5mph traffic, too slow to keep your feet up :(

Reviews
Madstad Windshield - awesome, making it for nice quiet cruising below 70, and still way better at 80 then the stock touring.
Corbin Seat - great! Firm full butt support
Joe Rocket pants - great, cool enough for jeans under them on the highway, and today in all the rain with inserts kept me dry as a bone.
Frog Togg jacket - meh wore at first without the hood and my chest got soaked, with the hood I think I stayed dry, but it was too late to tell because I never dried out from the first part of the ride.
highway pegs - don't regret them but hardly used, however once in awhile on the quiet highway they are a nice supported position change.
2" rox risers, 2 thumbs up phenomenal, makes altering my riding position much more comfortable on the long days.
Honda Top Bag - awesome
Honda Side cases - not so awesome pain to pack due to minimal opening and awkward shapes, today I modified them by removing the black plastic that holds them to only open about 40deg , used a shoestring now they open about 90, makes them much easier to pack.

Since we all love pictures

ysygusam.jpg

py4aqe8a.jpg

5e7uneza.jpg

Glad to hear you didn't let a little rain spoil the ride.
Didn't understand how the hood of Frogtoggs was keeping chest dry?
Looks like you have the Honda foot wind deflectors ? are they worth anything, do they actually cut the rain on feet or legs?

I think when I put the hood up it sealed around my neck better by pulling the jacket up to the bottom of the helmet. Not letting it run down near my neck

Glad to hear you didn't let a little rain spoil the ride.
Didn't understand how the hood of Frogtoggs was keeping chest dry?
Looks like you have the Honda foot wind deflectors ? are they worth anything, do they actually cut the rain on feet or legs?

Rode the Cabot Trail and if you haven't been up here do it! Beautiful scenery and fantastic roads!!!

I was greatly impressed by the bike!!! Performed like a champ was tons of fun int the twisters, even up the steep inclines! Also handled very well in the 70mph gusts (we were guessing by the fact it was hard to walk in the wind). With all 3 oem bags filled it was nice easy cruising. (I've even got almost the entire with of the tire with wear marks ;)

Be warned in the windy conditions be extremely careful with slow speed turns and stopping. My buddy on a VFR and a ST1300 were both blown over!!! We knew it was windy but after slowing for an overlook a gust picked up and the heavier bikes went right down. I was lucky enough to stop head on into the gust.

Back