• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Those that ordered the Shop manual from Helm inc., a question?

L.B.S.

Fixed Idea
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I just got a reply from Helm, as to my inquiry about cost, availability, method of shipping, etc.

Unfortunately it was a little vague one liner, and I'm still sketchy on the details. Would any of you who have a manual from them, be able to clear some things up?

They left the area under "Shipping Charges" blank, but in a different spot, there is something called "Order Processing Fee", $18.00

Under "Tax": $3.25

Did you guys pay this Order Processing thing, *and* Shipping Charges?

Did any people outside of the state where these come from, pay a tax pre-shipment? I think they come out of like Michigan, or somewhere. As a Californian, Texan, Georgia type buyer, do you pay taxes on goods sent from other states? I've never had to pay sales tax on a web purchase out of country before, that I know of.

Also, alas, they said they only use UPS to ship, which is a kick in the face, as UPS charges an obscene "brokerage fee" that is absolutely criminal. (and then our filthy gov. charges an addition tax on top of that fee, lol, but curiously enough, it's only on UPS deliveries, not USPS, etc.)

If any of these questions seem too personal or whatever, please feel free to Private Message me. NOTE!! I'm NOT looking to do anything shady, or illegal, or get out of paying what is right, I just want to know what it will really bottom line cost me, that's all. I'm not made of money to just be able to buy things without knowing if there's going to be a dastardly surcharge snuck into the deal.

Sigh. Everything that you, my Southern friends, take so much for granted, is a veritable minefield of extra charges and extra fees, and $40.00 "special" or "International Flat rate" shipping charges etc., on an item that is simply sent to your door free in a couple days via courier. Half the time stuff sent from England and Japan is cheaper than from the 'States, and I live 20 minutes from the border! :(

I ordered mine at the Honda dealer. Took two weeks to get it in. Cost $60 USD + $4.64 tax.

WGW

I ordered mine at the Honda dealer. Took two weeks to get it in. Cost $60 USD + $4.64 tax.

WGW

oof!

I'm looking at $90.00 plus (unknown shipping charge), plus brokerage fee, plus taxes on top of all that from the Helm dudes. I don't even wanna know what Honda Canada would charge lol! I bet we'd be looking at a cool $200.00 easy.

The heated grip option for the NC is over $500.00 here...

I paid $60 plus processing (about $5 or $6)- don't remember exactly. I do not recall a sales tax being added. Shipped via USPS (US Postal Service), not Fed Ex, nor UPS - to Missouri

My invoice has Merchandise total 64.95 Handling/Shipping 6.00 Sales Tax .00 Total Charges (US Dollars) 70.95

I just got a reply from Helm, as to my inquiry about cost, availability, method of shipping, etc.

Unfortunately it was a little vague one liner, and I'm still sketchy on the details. Would any of you who have a manual from them, be able to clear some things up?

They left the area under "Shipping Charges" blank, but in a different spot, there is something called "Order Processing Fee", $18.00

Under "Tax": $3.25

Did you guys pay this Order Processing thing, *and* Shipping Charges?

Did any people outside of the state where these come from, pay a tax pre-shipment? I think they come out of like Michigan, or somewhere. As a Californian, Texan, Georgia type buyer, do you pay taxes on goods sent from other states? I've never had to pay sales tax on a web purchase out of country before, that I know of.

Also, alas, they said they only use UPS to ship, which is a kick in the face, as UPS charges an obscene "brokerage fee" that is absolutely criminal. (and then our filthy gov. charges an addition tax on top of that fee, lol, but curiously enough, it's only on UPS deliveries, not USPS, etc.)

If any of these questions seem too personal or whatever, please feel free to Private Message me. NOTE!! I'm NOT looking to do anything shady, or illegal, or get out of paying what is right, I just want to know what it will really bottom line cost me, that's all. I'm not made of money to just be able to buy things without knowing if there's going to be a dastardly surcharge snuck into the deal.

Sigh. Everything that you, my Southern friends, take so much for granted, is a veritable minefield of extra charges and extra fees, and $40.00 "special" or "International Flat rate" shipping charges etc., on an item that is simply sent to your door free in a couple days via courier. Half the time stuff sent from England and Japan is cheaper than from the 'States, and I live 20 minutes from the border! :(

You could consider a nice little ride to Bellingham...Honda Power Equipment, Yamaha, STIHL, and Cub Cadet. AL'S HONDA BELLINGHAM, WA (360) 733-1000

Mine was $55.95 ordered straight from Helm. Called the 800 number in the back of the manual on Friday and it came USPS on Monday.

Honda Canada told me spring before they would have them. Ordered from Helm, delivered to my front door in a week, $85.85 charged to my credit card. Was told UPS only, must have a deal with them, usual Bull S__t.

Honda Canada told me spring before they would have them. Ordered from Helm, delivered to my front door in a week, $85.85 charged to my credit card. Was told UPS only, must have a deal with them, usual Bull S__t.

Huh! I wonder how you got it so reasonable! The figure they gave me was $87.00 US not including shipping.

What about the Brokerage fee? How did you pay that, and how much? I've always had to pay that in cash seperately, they wouldn't take credit card or simply add it to the bill, and wouldn't release item until fee paid first.

Back