• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

This Forum Really Is a Goldmine

shawnk

Reaction score
Visit site
Since I bought my leftover 2012 in May, the credit card has been working overtime! And much of that is due to the fact that every couple of days I'll find another thread with a new item that my bike has just gotta have. So far (and all attributable to this forum)- 1) johnakey rack with backrest 2) Honda tall windscreen (still need to do the hole mod :) ) 3) Motocentric softbags/ Tailbag with pvc support rack 4) Trackside handguards 5) Tusk bar risers 6) Givi sidestand foot , and just now ordered 7) Triumph fork protector kit 8) Grip Puppies. And I'm in too deep now, I can't just stop...she's got to have a FendaExtenda, radiator guard, Shad comfort seat, center stand, MRA Xcreen, some kind of skid plate, rear hugger or no rear hugger (will the Shinko 705's even fit with a hugger:confused:) Seriously though, this a great motorcycle that's quickly becoming "my" great motorcycle with the help of all the ideas/opinions/reviews on this forum. So thanks guys.

Last edited:
Since I bought my leftover 2012 in May, the credit card has been working overtime! And much of that is due to the fact that every couple of days I'll find another thread with a new item that my bike has just gotta have. So far (and all attributable to this forum)- 1) johnakey rack with backrest 2) Honda tall windscreen (still need to do the hole mod :) ) 3) Motocentric softbags/ Tailbag with pvc support rack 4) Trackside handguards 5) Tusk bar risers 6) Givi sidestand foot , and just now ordered 7) Triumph fork protector kit 8) Grip Puppies. And I'm in too deep now, I can't just stop...she's got to have a FendaExtenda, radiator guard, Shad comfort seat, center stand, MRA Xcreen, some kind of skid plate, rear hugger or no rear hugger (will the Shinko 705's even fit with a hugger:confused:) Seriously though, this a great motorcycle that's quickly becoming "my" great motorcycle with the help of all the ideas/opinions/reviews on this forum. So thanks guys.

Did you install the Tusk bar riser? If so, did you have any problems with the cables/wires as far as length? And do you know the measurements on the Tusk?

Since I bought my leftover 2012 in May, the credit card has been working overtime! And much of that is due to the fact that every couple of days I'll find another thread with a new item that my bike has just gotta have. So far (and all attributable to this forum)- 1) johnakey rack with backrest 2) Honda tall windscreen (still need to do the hole mod :) ) 3) Motocentric softbags/ Tailbag with pvc support rack 4) Trackside handguards 5) Tusk bar risers 6) Givi sidestand foot , and just now ordered 7) Triumph fork protector kit 8) Grip Puppies. And I'm in too deep now, I can't just stop...she's got to have a FendaExtenda, radiator guard, ... So thanks guys.

It's rewarding to hear that said. Thank you. Can you give a link to the Triumph fork protector kit?

the radiator guard is one you really can make yourself.
Also, on the cheap, you might consider the "sock" for the rear shock absorber. it's really just a waterproof piece of cloth that goes around the rear shock. I used a piece of rain-fly from a tent and two zip ties... keeps road grime off the shock...
is it worth doing? probably, but not at $80 for what is (essentially) a tube sock!

the best part of your post, to me, was when you said you're making the NC your own. Glad to hear it!
there's a lot of customizing that may be done!

I typed "Triumph" in the search field and it took 15 seconds to find the part number here: http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/5977-fork-seal-protectors.html. I ordered mine from Bike Bandit last year. They fit perfectly. At certain handlebar positions they interfere with a Honda light bar, if you have one (I don't).

The 1.2 inch risers are usually available on eBay.

Last edited:
as long as you are able to make a full payment at the end of the month-you good. just remember-when you going to sell it-all those add ons won't add any value. the bike might sell faster,but that's about it.

I've re-read my post, and I'm pretty sure I didn't ask for a lesson in how to search for something.
I withdraw the question and yield the floor to smart people.

Bduffey that be them,but mine are crome color,also they were about 20.00.just watch they have different heights in mm.I got mine from eBay.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I've re-read my post, and I'm pretty sure I didn't ask for a lesson in how to search for something.
I withdraw the question and yield the floor to smart people.

You're welcome! :). Having a bad day, Strat?

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Last edited:
Mine came from eBay as well. I almost went for the Rox risers, but for $20versus $75 it was a no brainer. The tusk ones are great for the money.

You're welcome! :). Having a bad day, Strat?

You can give a man a fish and feed him for a day, or teach him how to fish and . . .

Unless we're supposed to have parts numbers memorized or typed on a handy list next to our computers, it would naturally involve another person having to either physically get up and go look for the item or its packaging....or do a search for it. Asking the question is pretty much the same as asking somebody else to do your googling for you and there is really no call to resent having it pointed out.

Last edited:
as long as you are able to make a full payment at the end of the month-you good. just remember-when you going to sell it-all those add ons won't add any value. the bike might sell faster,but that's about it.
Naw, I tend to keep my bikes a LONG time, and this one feels like a keeper. Especially with gas prices going nowhere but up. :DI picture it 30 or 40 years from now all worn out and parked above my grave instead of a headstone. My wife can keep fresh plastic flowers planted in the frunk.....

Last edited:
Back