• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

The top locker IS waterproof

Rocker66

Site Supporter
Reaction score
www.kawasakiw650.co.uk
Having ridden home from work yesterday morning a trip of 38 miles in torrential rain (UK is suffering the worst September storms for 30 years) I pleased to find that the magazines and newspapers I had in the top locker were bone dry. If anything would show signs that water had got in it would surely be newspaper

Having ridden home from work yesterday morning a trip of 38 miles in torrential rain (UK is suffering the worst September storms for 30 years) I pleased to find that the magazines and newspapers I had in the top locker were bone dry. If anything would show signs that water had got in it would surely be newspaper

Thanks for the report. :D

I am still puzzled as to how it can actually keep water out, though, myself...

To my eyes, it didn't have any ridges, or labyrinthian seal where the lid's rubber edge moulding meets the perfectly smooth bottom surface edge of the trunk itself.

It doesn't look like it would seal very well at all, to me? : puzzled :

Does the lid lock down with enough pressure to flatten that rubber seal that well? Huh.

It's just a simple o-ring style seal. Properly designed, they work very well. There is a specific level of pressure required to enact the seal, too much or too little will allow leaks.

We use o-rings to hold back upwards of 3000psi in our well systems where I work. Just a piece of rubber and a flat surface...all you really need!

As it happens I managed to dislodge the rubber seal with an overstuffed helmet bag. It has since proved just about impossible to get it to sit permanently back in its slot.
Mike

I bought a cheap $55.00 rain suit. When I asked the sales lady if it worked, she said "not one problem."
After work I rode home in a downpour. I wouldn't have been any more wet if I jumped in the lake before my ride home.
At least everything in the not tank was dry.

Back