• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

The New Indian - 1100 CC

Now, THAT's a bike !! I love it. Was that you telling a story about him racing it in one of those old motor bike races? That was a good story!
If you want to read the story it is here: 1929 Indian 101 Scout - Cannonball 2012!!

What it looked like when he bought off Craig's List.
2rmmxas.jpg

Oh, well.... I am sorry I spoke.....
Did I say the engineers are stupid...???? Did I imply that I know better...??? Why this sarcasm...???? Even the smiley can't hide it....

What's the matter, Greg? Bad weekend? ;)

I guess it was a bad weekend (worked a 60 hour week and on-call all weekend). Sorry. :( I should have just opined that a single disk doesn't bother me, since the one on the NC works fine.

Fuzzy, you told that story at the Mt. Nebo camping trip, correct?
I was trying to remember where I'd heard it. My remember-ball is sometimes in slow gear.

I guess it was a bad weekend (worked a 60 hour week and on-call all weekend). Sorry. :( I should have just opined that a single disk doesn't bother me, since the one on the NC works fine.

No problem, brother! We all have our days... Working in IT for Wall street for over 30 years, I know that better than most.... unfortunately....
Thanks for a gentleman's comeback!

Last edited:
First time I have seen a clip of the bike. Thanks for posting OCR.

I like that Indian went with a unique styling cue and liquid cooling on the scout. Appeals to me, but not in my future unless it can go 200 miles on a tank. I don't know the figures but a 3.3 gallon fuel capacity makes me believe it won't.

I am happy that Indian has been yet again reborn but this time by a company that has both MC experience AND funding. I have to agree though with some others that cruisers just don't do it for me anymore. None of them, not even the big boys like the Rocket III or the new Valkyrie move me. I guess I'm just over my cruiser stage but if I ever decide that I want to ride in straight lines and fill up every 100 miles again I'll be sure to consider the Indians/Victory brands but 1100 cc's is too small for a cruiser IMO so not that one. :rolleyes:

Yeah ....saw this bike the other day too !! I HAD a cruiser once and it didn't really like the seating position BUT this bike is SWEET !!! The flat black or grey is pretty nice !!:cool:

I have been a fan of the new Indians from the get go. Another old historic brand resurrected, and on this occasion done right ! I would love one of the big ones as they are beautiful bikes, but regretfully they are far too heavy for me . This bike on the other hand looks good and not too heavy. Tbh I think a second disc would spoil the look of the bike. Modern braking materials are such that good performance can be obtained from a single disc. I have never found that the NC was lacking in that department. Indeed the intervention of the ABS on one or two occasions has confirmed this for me.

There is just one thing missing on this bike. That is the little Chief's head on the front fender. Perhaps that is an aftermarket accessory, but in my opinion, absolutely necessary.

There is just one thing missing on this bike. That is the little Chief's head on the front fender. Perhaps that is an aftermarket accessory, but in my opinion, absolutely necessary.

The Chief head tradition is that it is only on the Chief. The Scout has never had the Chieftain full head dress.

chief.jpg

Last edited:
Doesn't look that much different than my 2007 C50 Boulevard.

Suzuki Boulevard M50 made 45.1 rear-wheel horsepower at 5,900 rpm and 44.8 lb-ft of torque at 3,400 rpm on the Borla Performance dyno.

Harley-Davidson XL1200C Sportster 1200 Custom
Horsepower: 67.7 hp @ 5680 rpm
Torque: 72.9 ft.-lb. @ 4300 rpm

Indian claims 100 horsepower and 72 pound-feet of torque on tap.
Can't wait to see dyno numbers on the Scout!

Last edited:
Suzuki Boulevard M50 made 45.1 rear-wheel horsepower at 5,900 rpm and 44.8 lb-ft of torque at 3,400 rpm on the Borla Performance dyno.

Harley-Davidson XL1200C Sportster 1200 Custom
Horsepower: 67.7 hp @ 5680 rpm
Torque: 72.9 ft.-lb. @ 4300 rpm

Indian claims 100 horsepower and 72 pound-feet of torque on tap.
Can't wait to see dyno numbers on the Scout!

I did say 'looks' familiar, not performed similar

Most V two cylinder motorcycle engines this size are turning out about 65 to 70 hp. I see the shim under buckets, 4 valves per cylinder, sleeveless pistons, and the shorter stroke rod. However, I just don't see 100 horsepower? Can not wait to see this unit on a dyno.

Last edited:
Back