• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

The blue icon of high lights is turned on when the low light is on and won't turn off

Ticopilot

Reaction score
Visit site
After a very strong rain a couple of days ago, the icon in the display for when the lights are on high beam, lighted up and wouldn't turn off. The next day, when I started the bike again, the icon turned back on and by the time I arrived to my destination, about 30 minutes later, it started dimming and eventually went off. I assume it is related with some contact getting wet but I would like your guidance.
Thanks for your insights.

It sure sounds like water got into your left switch gear pod. I would just unscrew it, open it up, let it dry out. Maybe you could gently help it with a hairdryer or something, if possible. Add in some waterproof lithium type or recommended electrical safe grease to any sliding/spring movement/electrical contacts before putting it back together.

You might be tempted to spray it all with WD-40 or something, but in my experience that can eventually lead to dirt and grit sticking to stuff in there.

If it happens again the next downpour, you might have to put a wee cover over your switch pod when you park your bike, or try a thin bead of silicone around the perimeter of the two halves of the switch gear when reassembling it.

Back