• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

The Arkansas Tail of the Dragon

Wow, sorry guys, but I'm wimping out. I'm going to sit in this MacD for a while till I warm up some.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Wish you could come along Chuck. Work sucks! I'm not worried about the cold as much as I am sand on the roads. It hasn't rained since it snowed.....if that makes sense. I'm sure we will do this again.....like next weekend. I've got cabin fever and I'm ready to ride.
Mike

Makes sense. I know they sand the roads here more than they salt and it hasn't been washed off. I've hit a couple patches of the sand around Little Rock while in a corner. Understand completley.

Well Chuck you didn't miss much riding but a whole lot of visiting and kicking tires. We rode out of Lamar at 10:30 or so up 123 to the bridge where we stopped to kick the tires again. From the bridge we rode to Sand Gap store where we had lunch and enjoyed the pot-bellied wood burning stove for a while. We thought we were leaving and stood in the parking lot for a couple of more hours and kicked tires once more, got cold and headed back to the stove for a few minutes before we finally left around 3:00.

The cold and the sandy roads kept our riding motivation low and our jaws flappin. I really enjoyed the visit and it was nice meeting some local NC riders. I'm sure we will be doing this on a regular basis and who knows, we might actually ride somewhere ;)
Mike

Noticed my jaws were hurting when I got home. At first I thought it was from the cold but then realized it was from all the flapping. Best time I've had not riding in a while.

I left work at 12:00 and it was still a bit chilly. I know it was colder in those higher elevations.

Mike and Matt were awesome and waited two hours for my poorly equipped butt to stagger into Lamar. I've tested my gear down to 40, but Saturday dawned at 25 and damn near killed me :) Thanks guys!

Mike led a good pace and Matt and I kept up pretty well till we hit the sand. The z8s on my bike were not happy and moved sideways WAY more than I liked, so I dropped back quite a bit. Once we got to Sand Gap, it was lunch time and the folks there made some good sandwiches and I had a blast chatting with Mike and Matt. Altho the forum is a great place to learn, I got so much more detailed information from our conversation.

Now we just need a few gully washers to clear those roads and after Matt checked my back tire, looks like I'll need a rear tire soon, which I'll get done ASAP. Sand Gap has become a new favorite stop for me. Some good folks run the place and it just feels comfortable there. Here's a shot of the good 2/3s of the crew out front. :D

Sandgap_zps585c0dc0.jpg

I would rather ride to meet and talk.we do that a lot around here.if someone has to ride 200 miles to meet then ride more sometimes its good just to meet eat and talk.glad to hear all had a good time.anymore pics??

Back