• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Texas Hill Country ride

The western part of FM 3235 was paved just like the eastern part. I gotta admit it was nice to be on a good road surface again. We headed north on FM 335 which is a great "sister" with lots of twisties and rollercoasters!

10.27.2013 FM 335 northbound - YouTube

10.27.2013 FM 335 (part 2) - YouTube

Next up was running FM 336 from north to south. Lynn wanted some camera time, so he took the lead.

V strom "carving" the hills - YouTube

After gassing up in Leakey we headed east on 337 to Medina.

10-25-2013 v strom ride 019.jpg
10-25-2013 v strom ride 020.jpg
10-25-2013 v strom ride 021.jpg

This is the last video. I took 72 of them on this ride. The Monoprice MHD doesn't have a screen or even a mode selector, so I never know how full the memory card is or how low the battery is!

10.27.2013 FM 337 - YouTube

We finished up day 3 at Mamacitas Mexican Restayrant in Kerrville. Great food and ice cold Shiner Bock on draft. Life is good!
Today we covered about 250 miles with temp range 70 low 84 high.

Last edited:
I apologize that these videos are so long and unedited. Until I get editing software, these vids are taken from my computer and uploaded directly to youtube.
I'm not sure if you already have one you like to use but, I am using Premiere Element 11 now and it works fine.
I used to use Pinnacle to do my video editing and it was pretty good, but kind of complicated. Premiere 11 is less complicated for me. Uploads easily to Youtube too.

BTW, great pics and videos from the ride!

Sadly day 4: Heading home

We basically backtracked the route I took to kerrville on Friday. Normally I don't do that, but it was the best option for Lynn. It was chilly and raining on and off for most of the morning. Here's some pics of the river bridge outside Comfort over the Guadalupe River.

10-25-2013 v strom ride 031.jpg
10-25-2013 v strom ride 034.jpg
Comfort 5.jpg

Thanks Big Thump!
I'll probably go with the Premiere Element 11. I've heard other good reviews about it. I'm currently unemployed and using a borrowed laptop, so for now I'll limp along with what I've got!

I noticed you have a Puig Wind Screen and the Puig Clip-On Visor. I just added the Clip-On Visor and I was curious your thoughts on if it makes a difference? Also wondering if you played around with the three different positions? I have not tried them yet. Thanks

I noticed you have a Puig Wind Screen and the Puig Clip-On Visor. I just added the Clip-On Visor and I was curious your thoughts on if it makes a difference? Also wondering if you played around with the three different positions? I have not tried them yet. Thanks

Mine is not the clip on. It actually bolts on thru holes in the screen, so I don't know if this is apples to apples. On mine there are nine positions. The top cam has 3 and the lower cam has 3. I played with all the positions and I think it makes a small difference. Where I have it now directs the air to the top of my helmet. No buffeting, but plenty of wind noise. I have a 3/4 flip up visor helmet which isn't known for being quiet! That what earplugs are for!!!

Did I say no more videos? Silly me...I forgot this one taken by the Canon point n shoot.

10.28.2013 panoramic vid at Comfort river bridge - YouTube

This ride was so much fun. I don't know exact mileages or temperatures...I guessed at all that. What I do know is that I rode some great roads, ate some great food, stayed at some great places, saw some great scenery and experienced it with great friends. Great...isn't it?

I found a few more pics on the iphone. :p

This is the Patio Cafe in Medina about an hour after Lynn bought the V strom

Patio Cafe in Medina.jpg

This is a handsome guy on the unpaved section of FM 3235

NC getting dirty on FM 3235.jpg

This was posted above the urinal at Blake's Cafe

Posted above the urinal at Blake's Cafe.jpg

Nice report searsboy. I'm going to have to remember that Blake's Cafe. I like those kind of places. The wife and I usually take our Toyhauler over to either Kerrville or Fredericksburg at least once a year to set up and ride the Sisters and surrounding areas. Usually hit Luckenbach and go up to Coopers BBQ in Llano for lunch. A few years ago we took the Toyhauler to Alpine and rode all around Big Bend National Park. Other than the Sisters I really like the ride from Alpine to Marfa on 67 down to Presidio and then take 170 to Lajitis then over to Terlingua, but I wouldn't ever try it in the summer.

Sadly day 4: Heading home

We basically backtracked the route I took to kerrville on Friday. Normally I don't do that, but it was the best option for Lynn. It was chilly and raining on and off for most of the morning. Here's some pics of the river bridge outside Comfort over the Guadalupe River.

Where did you get the beaded seat ... have one of them on my GL1800 from a police bike and has made the last 90K on the GL much more comfortable ... probably need one for the 700X as i plan to ride it as far. BTW nice pictures and ride, when I get a weekend free I plan to jump up there as I'm close. Rode the 336 and 337 many times on 94 bmw, 85 700S and couple time on the GL but think it will be even better on the 700 X .

Boz

Last edited:
Nice report searsboy. I'm going to have to remember that Blake's Cafe. I like those kind of places. The wife and I usually take our Toyhauler over to either Kerrville or Fredericksburg at least once a year to set up and ride the Sisters and surrounding areas. Usually hit Luckenbach and go up to Coopers BBQ in Llano for lunch. A few years ago we took the Toyhauler to Alpine and rode all around Big Bend National Park. Other than the Sisters I really like the ride from Alpine to Marfa on 67 down to Presidio and then take 170 to Lajitis then over to Terlingua, but I wouldn't ever try it in the summer.

Yeah, I stay away from Big Bend in the summertime too!
River Road (170) down there is a great road for sure...I also like the roads to Chisos Basin, Santa Elena Canyon and Hwy 166 (the loop around the observatory in the Davis Mountains)...good stuff!!!

Where did you get the beaded seat ... have one of them on my GL1800 from a police bike and has made the last 90K on the GL much more comfortable ... probably need one for the 700X as i plan to ride it as far. BTW nice pictures and ride, when I get a weekend free I plan to jump up there as I'm close. Rode the 336 and 337 many times on 94 bmw, 85 700S and couple time on the GL but think it will be even better on the 700 X .

Boz

I got the beaded seat from a friend...he didn't like it and sold it to me for $1. :cool: They're not expensive...seems like I've seen them online for about $25.
I think you will enjoy the hill country better on the 700X...it handles the twisties quite nicely!!!

No doubt that Kerrville is one of the best place for the visiting I think its natural beauty place for the peoples who lives there I visited once time in my life and I have still remember, so these memories..

Back