• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Teething problems with a new model - Insurance

Looks like your 15 minutes costs you 100% or more at GEICO! :rolleyes:

hahahahaha... i'm on the phone with them now, just got the same thing. it looks like a sports bike.. so we're charging you for a sports bike... since they are "partners" with honda, maybe we should get someone at honda to call them and tell them its not a sports bike... wishful thinking.....

I was surprised too... Through Progressive, my Bandit 1250 ran me about $170/yr for typical coverage (no collision), and the quote on the NC was $285/yr. I was expecting it to go down!

Geico is $250. My house is with Farmers so I inquired with them, looks like they farm it out to 'Foremost County Mutual'. Only $225/yr, but I'd rather stick with Progressive or Geico. Been w/ Progressive for 7 years now, I guess I'll give them a call after work and see if they can sell me on staying, otherwise it's off to Geico I guess...

trey

Treybad, please elaborate a little about you policy. What are the numbers? Comprehensive, collision, uninsured,PIP, etc. Geico is charging me twice that... I am 53 yrs old, good credit and clean driving record. Could it be I have not insured ((or owned ) a motorcycle in 15 yrs? Can I expect my premiums to come down with time? I have had my home and cars insured through USAA forever, they do not do motorcycle insurance, passed me on to Progressive as a sub contract deal. Progressive was like $800 yr, so I ended up with Geico. Maybe the collision is whats killin me...Feel'in like I'm getting hosed...Thanks for your help

Treybad, please elaborate a little about you policy. What are the numbers? Comprehensive, collision, uninsured,PIP, etc. Geico is charging me twice that... I am 53 yrs old, good credit and clean driving record. Could it be I have not insured ((or owned ) a motorcycle in 15 yrs? Can I expect my premiums to come down with time? I have had my home and cars insured through USAA forever, they do not do motorcycle insurance, passed me on to Progressive as a sub contract deal. Progressive was like $800 yr, so I ended up with Geico. Maybe the collision is whats killin me...Feel'in like I'm getting hosed...Thanks for your help

This is straight from the Progressive site, I ended up talking with a local agent, she got my rates down to match Geico at the same limits:

Honda
BODILY INJURY & PROPERTY DAMAGE LIABILITY
BI $50,000 EACH PERSON - $100,000 EACH ACCIDENT
PROPERTY DAMAGE LIABILITY - $25,000 EACH ACCIDENT
UNINSURED/UNDERINSURED MOTORIST BODILY INJURY
$30,000 EACH PERSON - $60,000 EACH ACCIDENT
UM/UIM PROPERTY DAMAGE
$25,000 LESS $250 DEDUCTIBLE
COMPREHENSIVE $500 DEDUCTIBLE
INCLUDES DISAPPEARING DEDUCTIBLE
ACCESSORY COVERAGE $3,000 INCL
ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE $10.00
PERSONAL INJURY PROTECTION - REJECTED
Premium by Vehicle $241.00
Automobile Burglary/Theft Prevention Fee $2.00
Total Policy Premium $243.00

I'm 28, but no accidents or tickets (in the last 5 years). Been riding/licensed for 11 years, taken the safety courses, etc, etc. I live in suburban Austin -- low crime, maybe your location has something to do with it? Do you have really low deductibles?

trey

*edit -- just saw you're in Cypress, so I wouldn't think it's your location. Must either be low deductibles, or the collision is just a killer.

I have State Farm and they didn't list the bike either. My agent put it in a catagory called "other". The amount they came up with was less then the bike it replaced but the NC was less then half the cost of my RT. I was told it would be adjusted when they figure out what it is.

I have State Farm too and they told me the same thing. Mine was $425 for a year. That's full coverage (100/300/100) and I declined medical. I think I told them around 6,000 miles per year.

WGW

Just FYI, the "6 or 5" mix up in the VIN is supposed to indicate the number of gears in the transmission. Hence why the NCX is a 6 speed and most (or all) VT750's are 5 speed.

I, too, have Progressive, as USAA will not insure new motorcycle policies. (Progressive is their "partner in crime" for that) I also own a 2003 Honda VT750CD, or 750 ACE. So when I gave Progressive my new VIN for the NCX, and the lady said "oh, it's a VT750CF2" I said "uh, no it's not". I went through the same trouble as everyone else. However, I did follow up with them a few times and got them to manually create insurance cards for the NCX. The cards do have the correct VIN and model on them. But, the website still shows my NCX VIN as "REQUESTED10000000".

If I remember correctly, I'm paying $257 a year for standard Arizona coverage with accessory coverage up to $3000 and roadside assistance. I also get discounts for multi-policy and for MSF courses and instructor. Progressive will only let you have 4 bikes on a policy.

[.
What are the chances a patrolman would notice the difference in VIN in the event I get pulled over??[/
QUOTE]

What do you think the chances are that Geico would notice if they had to pay you, or god forbid someone else if you had an accident?

Back