• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

TCI Skid Plate for Gravel Riding?

belrix

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I am slowly outfitting my NC700X to be a gravel riding machine and it's time for a skid plate. I know the Hondabikepro's is the best but I'm not going offroad just gravel.

I've been looking at the TCI Products skid plate and engine guard product and it looks like it will do the job.

Does anyone have experience with this product?

Thanks a million

belrix

Here is my TCI plate after 5 days on the WABDR
180546f3e216dd245bc6713d6910260d.jpg

e4ddbe53e4457b0137c5e6762fd20adf.jpg

4d577f84fc32fd22208482d26c9679da.jpg

d649c4572ebd6491092ad431670648c2.jpg

15608a03ada23bb4a932ddd91e8fd537.jpg

e9be847bd7c5518f196826e07fe8ba73.jpg

c7271e3130f0c5946ad0642b00b42f98.jpg

Live life,be yourself !!!!.

Last edited:
Very happy! It made me even more happy when a couple of the guys gave it a thumbs up.
I think I have my camera with me (work). I'll go take a couple of pics and post them in a minute - yeah, I'm on break, got a problem with that? (I said in my head).

Sorry - no camera...

Everything fits exactly as it should and it looks great(I think).

Last edited:
Mine is ok,I don't like that there is no rear mount on the left side but I HAMMERED this plate for 5 days and you see the results.I would buy the ALTrider plate ( which I helped to develop) if I was going to do it over.It's close to the same price and covers a lot better.

Thanks for the reply and feedback. I would love to have the AltRider plate but I'm starting to ride on gravel quite a bit and worried about the sump. Plus I have a ride at the end of May (all gravel) and I don't know if the AltRider plate will be available be then.

belrix

They have it on there site now,but that doesn't always mean they have it ready to go.
I hit 1,000's of boulders that lifted the whole bike off the ground for 5 days in a row and no damage to the bike.So it did it's job but it did crack,I don't think most people will abuse there plate ( and there NCx) they way I do.

Last edited:
Thanks again. It will be awhile before I will tackle the level of riding you did!

I've emailed AltRider to see if the plate will ship by the end of May, we'll see.

belrix

I've emailed AltRider to see if the plate will ship by the end of May, we'll see.

I emailed them about a month ago, and they replied that they didn't have a definite ship date yet, but it is slated for this quarter. Might be June before they ship. I'm heading to Colorado for some gravel/fire road riding on June 1, so will probably have to go with the TCI skidplate too. Can't wait until the last minute.

I would think any decent skid plate would protect from gravel (boulders are a different matter). I live on a gravel road and frequently hear gravel hitting my skid plate. I'm glad I have one.

I emailed them about a month ago, and they replied that they didn't have a definite ship date yet, but it is slated for this quarter. Might be June before they ship. I'm heading to Colorado for some gravel/fire road riding on June 1, so will probably have to go with the TCI skidplate too. Can't wait until the last minute.

They have been saying something similar since 2012. :)

I like the tci plate I've got just fine. Tested it out two weeks ago in Death Valley and it definitely did its job. I also have a hepco & becker plate, which offers the same coverage. Not sure which is cheaper (I got the tci stuff free in exchange for them using my bike).

My TCI plate was over $200 cheaper then Dales,his is better but the difference bought me a set of tires !!.

Back