• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Tank light

Loomis

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, the first thing I added, was a 12v accessory outlet for charging my phone, etc.

Shortly after I realized, digging through this handy storage tank at night sure would be a lot nicer if I had a light. So I guess what I added next? :)

I couldn't find a switch I liked that was small/low profile, so for now I riveted a micro switch near the base of the lid so everything is automatic.

7951771334_60315f70d2_z.jpg

I already had a 12v 5 LED stick on light in my toolbox drawer full of odds n ends. So I bolted in a small bracket at the top of the lid, added the proper angle, and stuck the light to it. I pulled the lid apart and ran the wiring inside of the lid to expose as little as possible.

7951773062_d8854ca268_z.jpg

Nice and bright.

7951775278_99d0a3e678_z.jpg

and I figured breakers instead of fuses might be better than popping panels off on the road.

7951768886_b43594a753_z.jpg

Cheap and easy mod.

Nice....can we install a open-catch switch to turn on light automatically like in a fridge?
Light in the tankbox is a great idea!
:D

Well, the first thing I added, was a 12v accessory outlet for charging my phone, etc.

Shortly after I realized, digging through this handy storage tank at night sure would be a lot nicer if I had a light. So I guess what I added next? :)

I couldn't find a switch I liked that was small/low profile, so for now I riveted a micro switch near the base of the lid so everything is automatic.

7951771334_60315f70d2_z.jpg

I already had a 12v 5 LED stick on light in my toolbox drawer full of odds n ends. So I bolted in a small bracket at the top of the lid, added the proper angle, and stuck the light to it. I pulled the lid apart and ran the wiring inside of the lid to expose as little as possible.

7951773062_d8854ca268_z.jpg

Nice and bright.

7951775278_99d0a3e678_z.jpg

and I figured breakers instead of fuses might be better than popping panels off on the road.

7951768886_b43594a753_z.jpg

Cheap and easy mod.

Nicely done.

The 12v accessory outlet. Is this the standard one for the NC700? Also, do you or anyone else have suggestion for mounting options on the handlebar? I want it outside my luggage area. Thanks.

I was thinking, one of those "on-head lights" for mountain hikers will surely fit the bill. A cheap one (with LR44 batteries included) can cost 10-15usd. I guess some glue or velcro will do the trick of sticking to the inside (wherever you choose). Good idea about light. Now, I just have to ride more at night, and stop more at night? Hmm.

Joe,Just get your cheap one, at the grocery store. You know the one with 2 AA batteries and has a sticky on one side!
LoL...yeah, I don't ride at night, there is a light in my garage at all times, I really don't know how and when I will use this light (if I do install it). But I appreciate the ingenuity from the OP.:p

Back