• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Tank bag for the frunk....

Quadidaho

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I had been wanting a tank bag on the NCX since I got the bike. Great for small items, etc. I have used Wolfman products on my last two bikes and really like their style, features and quality. These were on a KLR and DRZ400S----so mounting was not an issue. I contacted Wolfman and asked what bag they would recommend the NCX....their new Blackhawk was the suggested route to go. I picked one up at my local shop-- Happy Trails and mounted it using the four snaplock straps. Worked really well and was very secure but really hated to not just be able to open the frunk with the key-- had to unsnap the front buckles first. I solved that last night with some stainless steel finishing washers, 10-24 x 3/4 screws and a couple of 10-24 well nuts all from Lowe's. Drilled two holes in the front edge of the frunk lid -- above the weatherseal so did not compromise the water proof storage. Marked and punched two holes in the pads attached to the bag to keep the buckles off the paint and then bolted it all together. Cut off the remaining front straps and buckles and heat sealed the raw ends of next to the bag.

Nice and clean install in my opinion and full frunk access. Great tank bag from Wolfman now made for the NCX! By the way-- I picked up a static cling window shade from O'Reilly Auto Parts and cut it to match the shape of the bottom of the tank bag and set it on the frunk lid to protect the paint-- no glue or sticky stuff--just some additional protection. Cheap too!

2r2swaq.jpg
264466x.jpg
2prwd3d.jpg
6t0pzr.jpg

Last edited:
Is that bag water proof?
Good job on the install. I want one too but will not get one until I find a water proof one.

Here is the link to the Blackhawk bag page on Wolfman-- it is all treated ballistic nylon. I have had these on two prior bikes in all kinds of weather and have never had any water issues.....if that helps.

Blackhawk Motorcycle Tank Bag by Wolfman Luggage - Made in USA | Wolfman Luggage

They do sell a really tight fitting rain cover if you are so inclined....like I mentioned in an earlier post...I have had four other Wolfman tank or pannier bags and have never had any real water issues from rain.

Last edited:
I have had a bunch of their products on numerous bikes and quads.....great quality...worth every penny!

Quadidaho, I really like how you attached the tank bag. But one question, how did you heat seal the straps at the top of the frunk? I've never attempted something like this project and how to do this part leaves me lost. Thanks.

Wow. Great idea. I like your attachment methods. I had a wolfman enduro tank bag on my previous bike -xr650L. They are worth every penny. The rain covers that are available separately are great quality also. Nice setup!

That's a really nice clean install! If I ever get to the point where I feel I need a tank bag, I'm definitely going to reference this post.

Just out of curiosity, have you checked out the dedicated frunk key threads? When I bought this bike, the first thing I thought of about the frunk was that it's a lockable, integrated and weather-proof tank bag and I use it like it is one. Have you had a chance to make a dedicated frunk key? Or does the tank bag add that much more usable space or is the map pocket the main draw?

Again, that's a nice, clean install. Well done.

Didn't have to heat seal any straps....I cut the web straps and buckles off the front of the bag and then attached the pieces that were designed to keep the web straps and buckles from scratching the tank. I also did make a dedicated key --- really a great mod!

Back