• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

tailbag

searsboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Santa got me this Gears Navigator tailbag. It will have to do until my wallet recovers from the initial purchase of the bike and Christmas! This a cheap solution that I found online for a very good price. Eventually I would like hardbags and a topbox.
The fit was good and EZ to strap down. The 2 front straps will have to undone at gas stops so the filler can be accessed. The bag is strapped to the backseat and easily raised up with the seat.
Have not road tested this yet, but I did stuff it full of gear to check functionality. I like the flat top area to add camping gear.
Sorry for the poor quality of the pics

had to reply to my own post...to remove that goose egg!!!!
i thought SOMEONE would be interested!

With shelling out the $$$ for a bike you gotta do hat you gotta do. But it looks functional with the only down side being removal during fill ups.

Is it waterproof? Please post a close up picture of the bag, and a link for more info. I'm subscribed! Thanks

It has a raincover in a zippered compartment @ the front of the bag.
If we ever see the sun again in Houston I'll take better pics and post them. lol
As far as a link, I'm not sure what's allowed on the forum. If you google "Gears Navigator Tailbag"... you'll see the site with the cheapest price.

It's not a seat cushion. Sorry for the poor quality pics.
This is soft luggage. A tailbag with small side pouches. I
will use it on roadtrips for all my clothes, etc.
For a seat cushion I would recommend an airhawk. In the pic
I have a beadrider on the seat. Don't waste ur money on one.
I also tried a freedom air pad but didn't like the fit or quality.
Hope this helps!

It has a raincover in a zippered compartment @ the front of the bag.
If we ever see the sun again in Houston I'll take better pics and post them. lol
As far as a link, I'm not sure what's allowed on the forum. If you google "Gears Navigator Tailbag"... you'll see the site with the cheapest price.

Saw the sun today, so took some pics for ya Xceller8. This bag is pretty big. I put everything in there, except jacket and chaps, that I would need for a week long trip. Undoing the rokstraps and tailbag front tie downs is all that's needed to access fuel filler. Not bad for less than $80.
View attachment 2387View attachment 2388View attachment 2389View attachment 2390View attachment 2391View attachment 2392

Thanks Craig! That looks great, I may invest in one instead of a top box. Looks like it would work fine with hard side bags when I can save enough pennies for them.

Terry

Back