• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Swap front end fork/wheel/light after accident

Nc700xdventure

Reaction score
Visit site
Some idiot cut me off in opposite direction; T-boned them and I flew over their vehicle, motorbike impacted at 20mph, seems to have really only damaged the suspension fork/brake caliper/wheel/headlight/turn signal and shroud. It’s going to be a long long time til any payout can be expected or resolution, so not here to discuss that but rather what has anyone done for a front end swap (fork or compatible motorbike from Honda or others, I heard Sv650 might be usable); and where the heck are folks getting stuff? Anyone done a big changeover and gone full mad max from end on this? Not talking about EICMA fancy, I’d like to repair the whole front for under $1k ideally, and logically this seems doable. Rest of bike is heavily upgraded and as a NC700x DCT abs it’s a solid bike. If not, I’ll probably sell it to a rebuilder and part out the bucket list goodies. Anyone swap over to a different brake fork mount and find adapters (like for a sv650) and did it affect the abs? (I’d assume if all mounted correctly it wouldn’t matter bc abs controlled at master cylinder reservoir I think but not sure with Honda combined braking system with sensors). All suggestions and ideas welcome abs where to find parts, located in Bay Area Northern California.

Attachments

• 379EF5C9-EBB7-4223-A459-028DA14DC47C.jpeg
    379EF5C9-EBB7-4223-A459-028DA14DC47C.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 27
Sorry for your mishap, surely lucky there was no life-changing injury to you.

There is likely more damage than meets the eye in these events. I'd be surprised the bike is not totaled. I guess no insurance on the other party's vehicle, or a hit and run?

there’s insurance on their end and at fault from police report but it’s not settled and won’t be for some time, already had it extensively reviewed by a professional motorcycle shop and they suggested a total out due to lack of finding parts not for anything related to frame damage or repair-ability, regardless, I’d like to make it rideable and I’m confident a front end swap is the way to go. I want to focus the thread on finding parts for swap or alternative options that keep costs low. Does anyone know if Nc750x front end (and parts) swap over directly? Were there any changes?

Since you have a DCT, anything changed on the front end like wheel diameter or the ABS pickup sensor can potentially impact the transmission operation. An possible example would be that the SOB (some other brand) front sensor is incompatible, and as a result, the DCT may not shift out of first gear.

If I was doing this I would stick with Honda parts. As far as I know, NC750X front end parts should be fully compatible with a 700. You might want to stay away from 2021 model parts, because the suspension travel and ride height was reduced for 2021.

I have rebuilt the front forks on my dct 2012 with aftermarket Front Inner Fork Tubes Pipes that cost $200 and I've used the same original lower cases I have. It's way cheaper than buying the whole fork assembly that costs $650 for each fork.

item link on ebay is: https://www.ebay.com/itm/403232342319

Back