• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

SW-Motech NC700X DCT Skid Plate

I forgot to post photos of the install. I didn't take any at the start. Here are the ones I did take:

The parts below are the brackets on the right side that hold the grommet
that the lower cowl plugs into and the the horn bracket. They are bolted
together on the bike and need to be removed.
IMG_0645.JPG

Here is the replacement bracket for the horn that is bolted to the new front cross brace.
The cross brace has two threaded inserts that hold the plate on at the front.

IMG_0573.JPG

The round white plastic wiring holder on the upper left above has to be removed from the bracket
that holds the grommet. There are two block connectors that also need to removed from the bracket
that are shown below.

IMG_0583.JPG

IMG_0598.JPG

More to follow tomorrow.

Last edited:
I just installed a SW-Motech Skid plate on my manual shift bike and it looks great. I did have to grind a little (Less than 1/8") for my Honda center stand to clear. Maybe the SW-Motech center stand fits fine, but the Honda stand needs a little more room. It's not a big deal and it shouldn't stop anyone from installing this skid plate.
The manual version has a slightly different shaped bolt on side plate the the DCT version, but other than that, it's the same.
I wanted a little more protection for riding on unpaved roads and kicking up small rocks and stones and I think this plate will be fine for that. If your planning more off road riding I think the heavy duty HondaBikePro plate would be the way to go

I did notice that after I installed the plate and I was checking clearance for the center stand that the stand does rub against the plate a bit. This doesn't seem to affect the movement of the stand so I'm just going to leave it as it is.

Looking down at the newly mounted stock horn.

IMG_0576.JPG

At back of the bike you take the the exhaust hanger mounting bolt out.

IMG_0579.jpg

And replace it with a slightly longer one supplied with the plate.
It now holds the right side of the rear bracket.

IMG_0596.JPG

IMG_0597.JPG

On the left side at the front you replace the spacer with a slightly shorter one to
accommodate the left side of the front bracket that mounts between the spacer
and the frame. I forgot to put loctite on the threads of all of the bolts that needed it
so I had go back and undo the bolts that needed it. I had to undo them later anyway
because after torquing all of the bolts the bottom plate would not go on. Tightening
the bolts nudged the brackets away from where they needed to be.

IMG_0630.JPG

IMG_0600.JPG

Next is a protective plate that mounts to what I think is called the Shift Control Motor
Housing. It mounts using the threaded insert that holds the Lower Cowling on the left
side of the bike.

IMG_0631.JPG

And a Engine case mounting bolt hole on the left.

IMG_0632.JPG

Replacement bolts and spacer are supplied with the bracket.

IMG_0639.jpg

IMG_0640.JPG

IMG_0641.JPG

On a side note: I hope I can get the shed door open in a couple of weeks.

IMG_0665.JPG

Last edited:
Sorry, I thought you were talking to me. The stock number is MSS.01.151.10100

I got the one for the DCT. It was a little strange how I ordered it. Twisted Throttle did not have it listed on their web site so I found out the stock number through Google and SW-Motech SW-MOTECH - motorcycle accessories, Luggage Systems , Side Carrier , Navigation, Crashbar - SW-MOTECH - motorcycle accessories, Luggage Systems , Side Carrier , Navigation, Crashbar and did multiple searches for that number. SW-Motech's German site has an English language button in the top right corner of the page. I may have found it by looking on google.ca https://www.google.ca/?gws_rd=ssl. It turned up on a web site named A Viscous Cycle A Vicious Cycle located in New Dundee, Ontario. I tried to order it by phone and was told they did not have it in stock but their sister company Twisted Throttle in Rhode Island had one. The person I spoke to in Canada alerted TT that I was looking for the plate so I ordered it from TT.

Last edited:
Off topic question for kpvint or somebody else with a DCT and a Givi crashbar.
Does the Givi Crash bar offer any protection for the protruding clutch on the DCT in case of dropping the bike to the right?
Or maybe the SW Motech bash plate adds some protection for this?
Sorry if I push the thread in a wrong direction :)
/Pa

Sorry, I thought you were talking to me. The stock number is MSS.01.151.10100

No problem, thanks for the reply anyways! Now I can compare stock numbers at least and figure out which one is which on their website. Different prices for DCT and NON-DCT.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Does the Givi Crash bar offer any protection for the protruding clutch on the DCT in case of dropping the bike to the right?
/Pa

Here are a couple of shots I just took:

IMG_0676.JPGIMG_0677.JPG

The protrusion on the left is one of my cheap ^$$ highway pegs from Amazon.
You could maybe mount a frame slider on the Givi bars. I'm thinking of getting
an R&G muffler protector Supermoto style round can cover / Exhaust Protector EP0006
for the point where the heat shield and the muffler are joined.

I had my bike blown over in a violent wind storm onto the right side DCT cover
the second week after I bought it. I had zero protective gear on the bike at the time.
The cover had a heavy scratch in a semi-circle around the left side of the cover.
$1200 total damage including a serious dent in the muffler and bent handlebars.

Last edited:
Here are a couple of shots I just took:

View attachment 23143View attachment 23144

The protrusion on the left is one of my cheap ^$$ highway pegs from Amazon.
You could maybe mount a frame slider on the Givi bars. I'm thinking of getting
an R&G muffler protector Supermoto style round can cover / Exhaust Protector EP0006
for the point where the heat shield and the muffler are joined.

I had my bike blown over in a violent wind storm onto the right side DCT cover
the second week after I bought it. I had zero protective gear on the bike at the time.
The cover had a heavy scratch in a semi-circle around the left side of the cover.
$1200 total damage including a serious dent in the muffler and bent handlebars.
Excuse me kpinvt for mispelling your nick:)
Thank you for taking your time with photos to show me.
Now it's up to me to decide. Oh, and to go testride the DCT as I have only tried the manual NCX :eek:

/Pa

Best protection for DCT is hondabikepro's skid plate. He designed it after fixing a couple damaged in tip overs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back