• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

SW-Motech crash bar installation

missilemonkey

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone
I am looking at purchasing an SW-Motech pair of crash bars, based on the inputs from this site. This is my first bike and my first self-installation. Wondering from anyone who has had experience installing these bars; how hard are they to install? Was there any special modification required? Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated!

-Missilemonkey

The bars are a straight forward install, I installed mine at work over the lunch hour. Would have been easier with another pair of hands, the bars are a little heavy to hold one handed while starting the bolts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I installed mine solo earlier this week and the most difficult part for me was aligning the spacers, while holding the crash bar, and installing the bolt that affixes it to the motorcycle. I ended up using a ty wrap to support one end of the bar while I worked on getting the bolt started. This only occurs on the right side of the motorcycle. The left side is simple by comparison.
Without a doubt it would have been quicker and easier with another set of hands but with a bit of creativity and patience it can be done alone. I would recommend that you drape a cloth over the top of the motorcycle to prevent inadvertently scratching the paint while mounting the bars, especially if you doing it by yourself.
My bars fit perfectly and I feel they are a high quality product

Back