• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Straw Poll - NC700/750 - Incapable of carrying a pillion more than 20 miles

Is the NC700/750 a capable two up tourer?

• No. I would never carry a passenger

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • Yes. It's good for long distance rides

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • It's only good for short trips 2-up

Votes: 31 56.4%

• Total voters
If you ask my wife it's a big NOOOOOO, she only likes to ride on the back of her Goldwing; I'm the designated driver.:cool:

My ex loved getting on the back of the S, but she was ready for a break after 45 mins to an hour. And so am I if I'm honest. It's great for 2-up just tooling around the city, or a quick little day trip down some near by twisties, but not so much an extended trip mile eater. Of course these bikes (any bike really) will do damn near anything you ask them to do, but there will be compromises along the way.

My wife rode on the back for five and one half days traveling from Central California to Washington DC last summer. We used a Bill Mayer saddle that had been custom built for both of us. She said it was much more comfortable than the trip 6500 mile trip on our 250 Ninja. I guess it depends on what one thinks is normal.:)

When I had my ST1100, my wife wanted to stop about every hour. With the NC, she is fine just stopping for gas when we need a fill up. She prefers the NC seat to the ST's because it isn't as wide. We rode just shy of 4 hours in October to a conference without stopping with no complaints, then did the return trip 2 days later the same way. It has plenty of power for 2 up with loaded luggage for long trips. The thing to remember is that very steep hills will slow you down. If you insist on going 65-75 mph every where and don't feel safe unless you can pass a long line of cars, then the NC won't work. You can still pass, obviously, but it's going to take longer. It can manage most hills 2 up with luggage fine, but very steep ones will be an issue. Also, the stock seat can cause the pillion to slide into you when braking unless you both are prepared for the stop, and if you are a larger couple, you may feel cramped. While my wife and I aren't supermodel thin, neither of us are heavy either. For a frame of reference, my wife also rode on the back of my GZ250 without complaint as well, but she liked the ST seat better, due to the backrest/trunk. YPMV (your posterior may vary).

My son fell asleep on a sunny afternoon riding pillion on my nc700x. I do not have a top case and he scared the stink out of me when I felt him suddenly go limp and wake back up suddenly. As far as truly comfortable I would rather the pillion rider have a top case to catch them but have not added it. The suspension being buried under the side cases make it difficult to adjust so I have it cranked up to max. I added a triboseat which sticks well and keeps helmet clicks to minimum. My son felt more secure with the lack of sliding with the triboseat but honestly this bike is for one player and serious fun in my opinion.

putting on a top box helped as it made for a decent make-shift back rest. Without a back rest, Mrs. StratTuner was good for 20 miles.
We've gone 90 with the back rest, but she's not eager to do that again.

We also put an old Bill Mayer seat pad over the pillion seat. That made a huge difference.
Our feet are too close together for her comfort....

I agree with 670cc... you could use the NC for two up touring....but ONLY if you had no other choice.

Back