• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Strattuner and the 50cc: Updates

...... (and a radar detector to keep him legal).....
Keep from getting caught -maybe.

Keep legal -questinable

...although years ago I heard a Florida politician say radar detectors make people drive slower by helping them realize how many cops are on the road. He thus justified his vote to keep detectors legal in Florida.

Mrs. StratTuner here. I heard not a word from Strat yesterday, and I was a bit worried. Today, email from my brother in Texas says he arrived safe, had dinner, slept, and started off for Flagstaff early this morning. All is well.

New update: Correction: Strat's goal is Gallup, NM tonight, not Flagstaff. He plans to make the last 700 miles Saturday and be home that evening. All is well.
Mrs. StratTuner

It's pouring rain in Gallup, and it rained hard for the 20 miles in ... I 40 in the rain.
Luckily, I stopped by the roadside when the dark clouds gathered overhead (gotta love the lightning show) and changed from mesh jacket to full riding suit... the latter is rain proof.
The hotel I wanted was full, but the place across the street had a room "for a few dollars more" (as the old movie title goes.)
I'm warm and dry and have Pizza delivery on the way.

Later, I want to offer more thoughtful observations on what I should have brought, and what I should have worn.

Mrs. StratTuner haunts my thoughts as I ride, and my singular goal, tonight, is to get home to my beloved.

I have returned home to my beloved Mrs. StratTuner. Gallup to home is 700 miles, and the morning was cool and partly cloudy with Rainbows near the continental divide.

I stopped and changed from full riding suit to mesh coat and rain proof pants before noon time. The rest of the ride was HOT, HOT, HOT. It worked really well to stop at a rest stop, soak the shirt I'm wearing in cold water, and wear it under the mesh jacket. The wind blows at 70 mph, the water evaporates, and the rider is cool. It sure works!

Tonight, dinner out with my beloved to hear musicians we know play live at a local restaurant.

Thank you... all of you... who read these posts. Many of you offered help and support in private messages, and that kind of outpouring means a lot to me.

Back