• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

stranger blips throttle

mtiberio

Reaction score
gjm.site90.com
So I'm parked, perpendicular to the curb, and facing out into the street. I have the bike running. A fellow come up and begins to chat up the NC700X. He knew a bit, and we have a pleasent conversation. Then he decided to blip my throttle. I tell him, "It is a good thing I'm not in gear or I'd be out in the street." Of course the look on his face was priceless, but regardless, where do people get off blipping someones throttle. A word to the wise, don't keep it in gear when folks are near...

I have met many folks over the years who can talk your ears off about motorcycles. They know every thing about a bike. However, many of these folks have never driven a motorcycle. Many folks read about an adventure, know every thing about the experience, but never experience the real thing.

I had a similar thing a few years ago when I had a high performance Sportsbike.
A mate who was not a biker wanted to give the bike a little Rev.
The bike had a throttle like a Hair Trigger and the guy gave it a rev....., In the blink of an eye it was bouncing off the Rev Limiter!
Never again.....

Andy

Last edited:
I have a similar story related to a Zero with a worse ending. When you come to a stop on an electric motorcycle it is totally silent, but totally on and ready to rip - there is no neutral, at least not on a Zero. A Zero tech told me about a motor officer who was sitting on his Zero (Zero has sold quite a few bikes to police departments in the States and abroad) when another cop came by and gave the throttle a twist which put the bike and rider into a wall. As a result of that story, whenever I come to a stop around people I turn my bike off. Sometimes people do approach me to ask questions about the Zero and I don't want to take any chances. And, as BerndM mentioned above, the same thing could happen with a DCT if someone assumes that an idling bike is in neutral. Most people would not have a clue about an automatic clutch and I worry about some idiot who might try to blip it. I always click the NC into neutral or turn it off to be safe around people as well.

Last edited:
If this person (***hole) were sitting in your car (truck, SUV, etc.) would they put their foot on the accelerator? I may lose my faith in humanity.

I would've blipped his nose.
nosebleed_plz_by_nytethekid.gif

(...) I always click the NC into neutral or turn it off to be safe around people as well.

Wow, the stories you read about some people... Why don't they just ask for a rev?
Anyways, MichaelJohn, I've never had a situation like that, but your advice seems like something I'll follow from now on. Better safe than sorry. Thank you for your post! It never occurred to me that someone may try to pull stuff like that :O

Back