• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Speed Demon

Old Can Ride

Reaction score
Visit site
7.jpgGeorge Formby - "No Limit" (1935)

002.jpg

Today Nana Chou and I went to visit some long, tall, Texans. Well, when we got the Sam Houston monument, there set the big sign "No Parking - Violators will be Towed."
I knew those nice people had put that sign up there just for us. Heck, we had our own private parking place with no one else around. If figured I had to hurry a bit with this picture, because I knew if I over stayed these nice people would properly give me and Nana Chou a place to stay for the entire night.

It had been raining and I knew if I was not careful with the kick stand sinking into the mud Nana Chou might find herself lying in the grass and me lying on my ***. I got off of her as fast as I could without dropping her. Grabbed my iphone out of the tank storage compartment, ran back to get the picture, and bingo. 10 folks came walking out of the woods. I figured they had called out the Calvary to make sure us high profile criminals could not escape. Lord I knew I was going to jail, and Nana Chou was going by tow truck to the storage yard.
As it turned out these nice folks were not there to enforce the law, but they were different. Not like they were from another planet or anything like that. They were just foreigners from Great Britain. They spoke this foreign language call "English", so I had a hard time understanding them.

The fellow with the white hair, and green shirt came over to look at Nana Chou, and talk to me about her. This guy is 88 years old and he knew just about everything there is to know about motorcycles. So, I had to obtain some knowledge from this fellow, we set there for a while illegally parked, and just talked. This guy had actually raced in the Isle of Man (figured that is why he had to use the walking stick to get around). But one better than that, this guy had actually set on “Speed Demon”. Speed Demon is the holy grail of motorcycles in Europe. She makes the rally circuit in Europe each year. She stared with George Formby in the movie "No Limit" in 1935. To put things into perspective so us folks in the USA can understand this “No Limit” is to British motorcycle riders as “Easy Rider” is to USA motorcycle riders.

So, when I got home, having burned 3.55 gallons of gas, I went to youtube and looked up the movie.
Bingo !!! The entire movie – Enjoy!

Play Movie: George Formby - "No Limit" (1935) - YouTube

Smileynoevil.jpg

Last edited:
At first, I was ready to say... no way... putting the rainbow on the same footing as the bike from easy rider seemed....odd, but the two films are from different eras. What they have in common is that young men watched them and then went out to ride their own "rainbow" or "easy rider". The comarison really does fit if you look at it that way.

Rainbow
NoLimit1.jpg

Easy Rider
fmhd_choppereasyridera.jpg

I've seen both Movies and even though I'm an American, I related more to Speed Demon and that suprises even me considering I'm only 45 years old.

A young man in search of a dream. Something so much bigger than himself. He was too naive to understand what he was in for but didnt permit anything to stand in his way. I find that Naive ambition is something we seem to lose as we age and I find it saddening.

Thanks for sending that link. I enjoyed it and it reminded me of some of the crazy ideas I had when I was a teenager. Wonderful memories.

Craig

Darius Rucker - gifted musician and country music artist...started his career as.......

Hootie of "Hootie and the Blowfish"

Back