• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Spanish magazine test: 50,000 km

duk2n

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
A spanish magazine has published the results of a NC700X 50,000 km test.

To resume it, after the test, even one of the testers bought a bike for his own use.

If you want to have a look at the article (spanish), here you go:

http://www.honda-montesa.es/motos/NC700X/articulos/prueba-50000.pdf

January 18th update: added video

Video:

It's in spanish, but if anyone is interested in the traslation of some piece, let me know the starting second and duration and I will do my best

[video=youtube;YfytBIJc3_w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfytBIJc3_w[/video]

Last edited:
A spanish magazine has published the results of a NC700X 50,000 km test.

To resume it, after the test, even one of the testers bought a bike for his own use.

If you want to have a look at the article (spanish), here you go:

http://www.honda-montesa.es/motos/NC700X/articulos/prueba-50000.pdf

Thanks!

But... :(

I tried and tried to get online translator programs to put that into english. I failed miserably!

Yahoo Babelfish, Google, Bing, some other ones, they all gave the same:

"Not In Archive.

The document youve requested is not in the archive.

When websites are captured, links to related material from other sites may not be included in the capture results. In some cases, content owners can prevent sections of their sites from being captured and archived. Not every link that you follow from an archive will lead to a document."

even when I just copy and paste a single paragraph or word into the "Translate a block of text" let alone a whole webpage!

I have never had a problem translating stuff like this before, it was very weird!

Any ideas here?

Duk2n
In the part where they talked about changing the brake pads twice and the tires 5 times to test different types they also said something I did not quite under stand. otras tantas el kit de transmision. What is meant by transmision kit?
Saludos Cal

I tried and tried to get online translator programs to put that into english. I failed miserably!

Just tried Google Traslator, you're right, it says the document is too big. But it does the job if you go paragraph by paragraph. I mean, open the PDF in a Window, Google Traslator in another, copy & paste paragraph from the PDF to the traslator

I'm sorry. IMHO it is good lecture, those guys tried to stress the baby really hard

"As new" they report after 50 000 km. That is nice. A question though is why they have an almost 30% increase in fuel consumption compared to the common consumption reported by fuelly?

In the part where they talked about changing the brake pads twice and the tires 5 times to test different types they also said something I did not quite under stand. otras tantas el kit de transmision. What is meant by transmision kit?

By "kit de transmision" they mean the chain and the two sprockets

"As new" they report after 50 000 km. That is nice. A question though is why they have an almost 30% increase in fuel consumption compared to the common consumption reported by fuelly?

They say, literally, they used to ride most of the time at high speeds, with the throttle widely open

Nice break down of the bike... Wonder what kind of MPG they get at the end... 30% increase?

Wonder if they said anything about problems...

Nice break down of the bike... Wonder what kind of MPG they get at the end... 30% increase?

Mathematical average for the 50,000 km was 4.5 litters/100 km, but then they admit were riding hard. They also comment some of the "normal" testers got 3.6 litters/100 km

Wonder if they said anything about problems...

No real issues, only normal service. The only issue was a key bent, and I would say it was the result of 20 different guys riding the bike

Just tried Google Traslator, you're right, it says the document is too big. But it does the job if you go paragraph by paragraph. I mean, open the PDF in a Window, Google Traslator in another, copy & paste paragraph from the PDF to the traslator

I'm sorry. IMHO it is good lecture, those guys tried to stress the baby really hard

It turned out that it was my work computer not being able to handle it. Old operating system.

Finally tried it on my laptop at home and it translated just fine.

Thanks, duc2n! I really enjoyed the article! :D

Thanks for the video. I'm curious what the guy says from 4:17 to 5:15 though.

The guy in the 4:17 is the journalist. The other guy with a gray shirt is a Honda representative.
The journalist is talking about the versatility of the bike and emphasizes the low fuel consumption though the bike was driven by several drivers, in different circumstances and sometimes in hard conditions.
He also says that after completely disassembling the bike, no significant wear is observed, which shows that 50,000 kilometers is nothing for this bike. He highlights the quality and reliability of the Honda materials.
Finally, he bets that the bike could successfully pass a test of 100,000 km

Last edited:
Back