• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

For Sale SOLD!

40k miles, extras include crash guards, Stebel horn, 33 litre Givi side boxes, front & rear Cogent suspension, Michelin tires, Soupy's lowering links, etc. $3000 no trades. Located in Troy, OH

Is this still available? Would it be possible to get some additional pictures?

Yes, it's still available. Later today, I can take some pics for you. Anything in particular you want to see more closely?

Yes, it's still available. Later today, I can take some pics for you. Anything in particular you want to see more closely?
I am just wanting to get a better idea of the overall condition. It looks very clean in the pic you posted. But if there are any cosmetic issues, can you get a close up of those?

Do you have maintenance records for the bike?

How much did you lower the bike? I am pretty short and have around a 28" inseam, so I figured I would have to lower an NC700X to feel a little more confident on it.

I am very interested in the bike. I am west of Indianapolis. So not local but not too far away. Google maps says it is 135 miles from my door to the center of Troy, OH.

Thanks,
Jamie

It's actually closer than 135 miles because I live south of the City of Troy and closer to Tipp City. On Goggle Maps, it is 110 miles from my house to Post Road/I-70 on the west side of Indy.

It has Soupy's Adjustable Links and currently they are adjusted for a 1-inch drop but can go further down if needed. I am also short with a 27" inseam. My short inseam and my age (82) worked against me with the NC so last winter I bought a used 2013 CB500F but sure miss having the DCT plus the convenience of the Givi hard bags.

Yes, I have maintenance records for the bike but I stopped riding it entirely once I got the CB500F. The chain & sprockets were changed at around 25k miles plus I have a new brake pads (F & R), oil filter, air filter, spark plugs, etc., that have never been used and a genuine Honda Service Manual.

I'll take more pics and get them to you today but I'll have to do before the eclipse makes everything dark!

I hope I am still on 2 wheels at 82. That is impressive!

After test sitting a few NC700X's I figured a 1 to 1.5" drop would be good for me, so the adjustable links will be great for me. Has the seat been modified any? I was looking at the Seat Concepts low option.

Do you know how many miles are on the tires and how old they are?

People are going crazy around here over the Eclipse. I work a few miles from the Indianapolis Motor Speeday. They are hosting an event to celebrate the Eclipse and are expecting 50k people.

Look forward to see the pics.

Thanks,
Jamie

I tried a Seat Concepts Low Seat and it was about as forgiving as a piece of mahogany! I have an extra seat Sargent seat but it makes it feel taller because it's wider in the front. I had the standard seat modified by a guy in FL who has since retired. He replaced the stock too soft foam with multi-density layers.

The front tire has 11k on it and was bought April 2020. The rear tire has 7k on it and was bought March 2021.

Attachments

• NC700 - 2.JPG
    NC700 - 2.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 18
  • NC700 - 3.JPG
    NC700 - 3.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 16
  • NC700 - 4.JPG
    NC700 - 4.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 13
  • NC700 - 5.JPG
    NC700 - 5.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 11
  • NC700 - 6.JPG
    NC700 - 6.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 11
  • NC700 - 7.JPG
    NC700 - 7.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 11
  • NC700 - 8.JPG
    NC700 - 8.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 14
...Michelin fronts typically last around 13-14k miles and the rears 10-11k miles. Of course, it all depends on how you ride!

I kind of figured the Seat Concepts seat wouldn't be too comfortable. The bike looks good. I don't have a good way to trailer it home, so I would have to have someone drive me out there and I would ride it home. The weather doesn't look too great during the week, but the weekend is looking promising. My dad would be able to drive me out there Saturday or Sunday. I can also come look at the bike earlier in the day tomorrow or anytime on Wednesday if that works for you. Are you firm on the asking price?

Looks like a nice bike.
I think if you paid the new price for all those extras, you would be getting the motorcycle thrown in for free! :)

I stopped riding it entirely once I got the CB500F.
If you don't mind, could we/I get your opinion of the CB500F? What's different, what you like about it over the NC700, etc.. A couple coworkers have had a CB500X and they seemed to like them well enough (Both were sold and the guys no longer riding unfortunately). A separate topic is fine if needed, so you don't clutter up your for sale post. Thanks.

Back