• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Smart Turn System Review

admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
A new microprocessor controlled system monitors 300 data points per second to automatically cancel turn signals.

More...

Smart Turn System installed

I installed the STS on my 2015 NC700X. The install went about like the instructions said. The wires you need to splice into are under the left side cover and are fairly accessible. I used the purple/red wire for 12v and the fat green wire for ground. The other three colors are given in the instructions. Installing the foam pieces in the turn signal switch was a big PITA. I ended up totally disassembling the switch. A steel ball, spring and other little pieces come out when you pry off the white switch cover, and they only go together one way. Took me an hour or two to figure out how to get them back together. The STS unit itself was easy to mount on the side of the battery box by drilling a couple of holes and using one of the provided cable ties. (Careful not to drill into the battery.) I would rate this as a fairly difficult job, not easily accomplished by a novice mechanic. On the other hand, I got it done, so you probably can too. The system works just as advertised and cancels the turn signal just as you would want it to. I think it's one of those conveniences that I'll appreciate more and more as I get used to it.

Attachments

• DSCF1549.jpg
    DSCF1549.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 214
  • DSCF1552.jpg
    DSCF1552.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 211
  • DSCF1546.jpg
    DSCF1546.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 211
With as little space usage and expense these features seem to add to a bike, they should be standard equipment. It’s potentially a huge safety issue. Factored into MSRP it would be negligible.

So far mine works flawlessly. I like the feature. The only time it does not self cancel is a very lazy slow lane change and that’s very rare.

Install would be a challenge for a novice DIY. While it’s different skill set if your checking and setting your valve clearances or similar skill set to adding GPS, Aux lights, aux fuse box, heated grips and gear you most likely able to do this. As far as the switch I did not completely disassemble just split the case and drop the foam block in.

As far as OEM and cost.........an expensive add on like this would not likely be added to a budget bike like the NC. A few of us remember self canceling signal on the 80’s Goldwings. It used time and distance measured by the speedo to decide to cancel the signal. This new device comes out of Europe and there was talk that a few OEM were considering as standard equiped and this vendor was licensing the technology. We have talked about OEM costs in prior posts but OEM in this competitive market watch costs to the nickel so a few dollars to let’s say $20 or more to OEM Costs would be a huge deal.

Last edited:
Back