• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Slip on exhaust rammifications?

donx

Reaction score
Visit site
Before I do any exhaust mods I'd like to know if these NC's show any adverse effects when using after market slip ons.

Ive read in other places that engine may run rough or fuel consumption increase. So best to ask the riders doing the business. Also has it improved performance?

I'm probably the least qualified on this list to comment but my opinion anyway. The most I every got in mpg was 74 with the stock pipe and that was in one of the first 10 fill-ups. I went with the BeoWolf for the sound and quality of hardware. My Goldwing rumbles more than the stock X and it is stock. Performance I believe unless on a dyno is in your mind and I will leave it to someone more qualified to answer, but I smile at the new sound a lot. I've put 10k miles on the BeoWolf, mostly > 65 mph and rarely get > than 64 mpg. Now in Yosemite area I did get a 72mpg but we were running under 55 most of the time in twisties. A long 157.1 mile stretch at 75 - 89 (actually hit 91 a coupe times(by accident as was trying to keep at 84 [limit 80] and not down hill {fully loaded bike with full top case [computer and electronic extras++] and 2 loaded GIVI 35s and with a 1.75Gal RotoPac of fuel and another bag of clothes} ) and only got 49.92 mpg {should not complain} but then I'm sure the stock can would not have yielded much more. Would I put the stock can back on to get a couple mpg, not even a small chance.

In my experience, there is no adverse effects. I have the IXIL Hyperlow on mine, and it makes the bike sound great, especially at low rpm. Despite my initial beliefs though, there is no gain in performance or fuel economy from what I can tell, but the IXIL is close in weight to the stock tip so that's probably why. The main plus is the louder volume that does help let the drivers too lazy to look out their window know you're there. Looks way better, too.

IXIL Exhaust Silencer Hyperlow XL Black 700 x s 750 x MOT Abe | eBay

IMO at best, any performance gain or loss you experience will be negligible although as mentioned above, your "mind dyno" might sense a change due to the new rumble. The bike being FI should compensate for the new pipes without issue. Certainly there's a chance it could run richer and decrease MPG but variability between aftermarket pipes is so vast that there isn't one universal yes/no answer to your question and "adverse" is very subjective. If you mean can damage occur then most likely no in that I haven't read any posts about problems occurring with A/M exhausts on the NCX.

The ECU is more than capable of adjusting for any exhaust changes. There is a preset air to fuel ratio that it will maintain by compensating for the new exhaust. There is no performance benefit to a slip on. If you want a performance boost and a slight improvement in sound, the Leo Vince or Arrow de-cat head pipe is the way to go and highly recommended. A small handful have them on this forum, and a lot of people on the U.K. forum have them and all rave about it. With fuel injection gone are the days of re-jetting for everything unless you make major internal modifications or you want to tune the bike from the factory lean condition for a performance boost. Exhaust mods have shown virtually no appreciable changes in fuel economy for the NC.

In my experience, there is no adverse effects. I have the IXIL Hyperlow on mine, and it makes the bike sound great, especially at low rpm. Despite my initial beliefs though, there is no gain in performance or fuel economy from what I can tell, but the IXIL is close in weight to the stock tip so that's probably why. The main plus is the louder volume that does help let the drivers too lazy to look out their window know you're there. Looks way better, too.

IXIL Exhaust Silencer Hyperlow XL Black 700 x s 750 x MOT Abe | eBay

That's the exact same can that I wanna get, it's well cool.:cool:

Got any pics of it on your NC?

Better still, any video of it running so I could hear it?

Back