• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Skid plate recommendation for NC700X DCT with Honda OEM center stand

208rider

Reaction score
designbyparrish.com
I want to get both engine guards and a skid plate before I do any serious touring with my bike, but am unsure about what to choose. The SW-MOTECH plate apparently doesn't play nice with the Honda OEM center stand (which I have), but the AltRider and Hepco and Becker plates don't appear to protect the rear suspension linkage like the SW-MOTECH plate does. (How much of an issue that is, I really don't know.) It also appears that the Hepco and Becker plate doesn't work with the DCT model.

I know several forum members have used Dale's (i.e. HondaBikePro's) skid plates, but they are quite expensive ($520 shipped) plus I'm unsure if he's actually still producing them.

Has anyone with a DCT bike actually used the AltRider plate? It's on Amazon (though currently listed as "out of stock") for $285 with free shipping which seems like a fairly decent price.

Finally, do any of the skid plates not work with any of the popular engine guards? That's another factor I need to consider before I make any purchases.

Thanks.

Unless you are going to be dragging the rear suspension over logs and rocks then don't worry about requiring a plate that protects it the linkage. For general street touring and nice gravel roads, protecting the front to the center stand mounting point is fine.

BTW pretty sure altrider hasn't released their skidplate yet but should be soon. They borrowed a member's bike a couple of weeks ago for fitment checks.

I was under the impression that the Hepko Becker didn't fit the DCT. I just mounted a SWMotech on my '14 with DCT. Had to trim a little for the OEM center stand, but it works fine. I used my saber saw to take off about 1/2 inch x 2 inches on each side.

I have the SW Motech skidplate and the Honda OEM centerstand. I did a bit of filing where the end of the skidplate sits next to the centerstand when it is in use. The filing only took me a few minutes and it looks good. I like the look of the SW Motech plate as well. The Germans know what they are doing with this stuff.

I have the OEM center stand, SW-Motec engine guards and SW-Motec skip plate. I was a little concerned initially about fitting, but I found that it was pretty easy to file down the skid plate to clear the center stand. If you get over to the Pocatello, Idaho area you can check it out.

Tim

Which Skid Plate will fit my 2014 750X DCT that currently has an OEM center stand and Givi engine guards?

As far as I know there is no difference between the NC700 and the NC750 in regards to the fitting of a skid plate. I have a SW-Motech skid plate on my 2014 DCT NC700 with Givi engine guards. I had to file a small semi-circular notch on the right side of the plate so the center stand wouldn't hit it.

Back