• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Skid/Bash plate

wozza

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Apologies if this has been posted before. A chap on the UK forum has ordered this skid plate from Germany. I think it looks great, though it's not compatible with a centre stand which will put quite a few people off (though not me....:D). I definitely like the idea on one for my bike though only thing though is, would it look daft on the S model as it's just a roadster...?

Bashplate_zps9e3239e0.jpg

Link is here:-
Engine guard Honda NC 700 S/ X 12-13 black

ask yourself this Wozza..why do you need one??
are you planning in going off road? or kerb riding?
if not then the answer is you don't need one save yourself some money mate.

I agree with John. My bike will most likely never see anything more than light trails and that won't happen often. I bought this bike to commute. The only farkles are out of necessity. If you don't think it would ever serve a purpose other than looking good I would not buy it. Then again some people like throwing just about every farkle possible on a machine just because they can. It's your call. It's your bike. It's your money. IMHO

Apologies if this has been posted before. A chap on the UK forum has ordered this skid plate from Germany. I think it looks great, though it's not compatible with a centre stand which will put quite a few people off (though not me....:D). I definitely like the idea on one for my bike though only thing though is, would it look daft on the S model as it's just a roadster...?

Bashplate_zps9e3239e0.jpg

Link is here:-
Engine guard Honda NC 700 S/ X 12-13 black

I think it looks pretty good wozza, but will it fit the DCT?
I had a hard time finding one that did!

ask yourself this Wozza..why do you need one??
are you planning in going off road? or kerb riding?
if not then the answer is you don't need one save yourself some money mate.

I'm the chap that ordered one.

For me, it was an aesthetic thing as I really dislike the plastic guard that covers the engine. It's not a necessity, rather a preference.
I would have ordered one of Dales plates but I'm over in Europe and it would have been expensive. This plate was £136, which is around $228 including postage.
I also enjoy modifying my bikes as it stops me from getting bored of them. ;)

At the end of the day, I can take it off and sell it if I don't like it.

Back