• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

SJCAM SJ4000 Action Camera Review

I love my SJ4000. Someone on this forum pointed out that you can get a waterproof charging case for $20. It will cost you over $100 for a waterproof charging case for a GoPro!.

I plan to leave mine permanently mounted on the bike dash-cam mode using the waterproof charging case.

I have the SJ4000 as well. It's a good unit for the money. Battery life is not the best, but there are options around that.

If you consider the SJ4000 a clone of a GoPro, be aware that there are clones of the SJ4000. The SJ4000 clone is even cheaper yet, but I think they still work OK. There is a web site that describes the difference between the real SJ4000 from SJCAM,or the clone that is also called an SJ4000, but not made by SJCAM.

Last edited:
I've seen some videos posted that had 'overlays' showing combinations of speed, compass and I think even bike info like gear, revs etc and one that even seemed to use a Google-type map off to one side similar to a racetrack overlay. That seems pretty cool but how's it done? Anyone here on the forums have any actual experience with doing this? I've looked at a couple of search engine results for overlays, so I'm not looking for links but for actual experience. Thx.

Back