• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Single wheel ADV trailer for my NC.

Did not get to go for a ride today.As I was walking up to the bike and trailer I started noticing things I didn't like so back apart it came and the hitch got a rework.But the good news is it looks like the twin shock setup is going to work fine.When I load up the trailer I still have about 60% of the travel left !!.

Live life,be yourself !!!!.

So I got the hitch redone and hooked it all back together only to find that I had no turn signals or dash display !!.
Turns out that there is a 7.5amp fuse that controls the turn and dash and it was blown,I guess the extra signal on the trailer was just to much.I replaced it with a 10amp fuse and off I went.
So here are my thoughts.Under 20mph you can REALLY feel the trailer,not a huge problem once you get use to it.Over 20mph up to 70mph it's hard to tell it's there .
Power wise it's ok until you come to a steep hill then you know it's there !!.
All in all I think it's going to work just fine for what I built it for,occasional camping trips !!.
706e67aab55e42eed9f5eeb109214666.jpg

ca7c447fb05898d1a5a11726ba452507.jpg

Cut the hitch off the trailer and installed a 1.75"X1.75"square tube under the trailer.It leveled it out and tied the trailer together.
e4d07b278905e1263e46a758f74117e9.jpg

83004c69345c8233c14c457dee038980.jpg

I also made a stand for the trailer.
d8d11eceba46d300bf8cb016decd199a.jpg

44d55091dd7fbf3cee8d4de0587f2f95.jpg

That's nice work.

Not a criticism but a genuine question: How does it do coming out of a steep driveway and onto a road or some similar situation (i.e. where the bike is level and the trailer is tilted upwards in the rear)? It looks like there isn't enough space in the coupler to accommodate much of an angle between the bike and trailer. It might just be the camera angle.
Mike

Aaaaah yes. I forgot that articulated at the bike attachment. Makes total sense. I was looking at the close-up of the hitch. Pretty cool.

I've often thought about a small trailer and considered a BushTech Spartan when I had the NC. I thought it would be nice to not have bags on the bike and just take a trailer when I travel.

Hope you get many miles of smiles from the trailer.
Mike

I just received a email from Adventure Bike Magazine that's published in the UK.
They are going to do a article on my trailer !!.
WoooHooooo...

Back