• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Side Bag (Saddlebag) Width

usisde

Reaction score
Visit site
I am considering the purchase of an NC as a second bike. My current primary everyday-all year-ride is a Honda ST1300 and the bag width at the widest point viewed from the rear is 32 inches. Great for commuting and lane splitting in California.

My question is - With so many different hard side bag (saddlebag) offerings from different manufacturers for the NC, I would like to know what the installed width is for most of the common setups that Forum members have. Just a quick right to left tape measurement will work. To start off, how wide are the OE Honda bags ? Thanks for any responses and helping other Forum members with this information.

Attachments

• width.jpg
    width.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 1,128
The ST1300's bags taper going aft. Measured at the widest point they are 34" but the widest point is between the mirrors at 36.5", 37" if you have Honda accessory wind deflectors on your ST.

With Givi E36 bags on PL1111 racks my NC700X is 38" wide. All dimensions measured with a plum bob and marked on the garage floor.

How are the givi trekker bags just an inch wider than the OEM bags? The givi side cases are much larger? Right?

The honda side bags look like the sit so close to the bike. There is quite of a distance between the Givi Trekkers and the side of the bike. Maybe that's where the 3 or 4 inch difference comes from?

I know dduelin has told me that my bags are heavy. But it does make for a perfect balanced bike. With bags on front tire in air

001.jpg

With bags off rear tire in air.

002.jpg

With use of center stand it makes it easy to change tires or fix flat when on the road. Just carry three tire tools.

I am considering the purchase of an NC as a second bike. My current primary everyday-all year-ride is a Honda ST1300 and the bag width at the widest point viewed from the rear is 32 inches. Great for commuting and lane splitting in California.

My question is - With so many different hard side bag (saddlebag) offerings from different manufacturers for the NC, I would like to know what the installed width is for most of the common setups that Forum members have. Just a quick right to left tape measurement will work. To start off, how wide are the OE Honda bags ? Thanks for any responses and helping other Forum members with this information.

I can confirm my 37 litre Trax Aluboxes are 37.5"-38" wide as well, much as this picture shows.

Did a re-measure of the Givi 33 liter bags today, as it was raining when I took previous measurement. Even without the rain still measure 34 1/2 inches.

width 001.jpg

Thank you to all that replied. The information is most helpful and shows what a difference there is between aftermarket manufacturers.

Could somebody with GIVI V35 bags measure the width please, I'd like to know how they compare to the Trekker bags.
Thanks in advance, Dennis.

just installed a givi side mount with e21 cases.
When cases are on, its slightly narrower than the width of the handle bars (end to end).

The e21 are small and skinny profile.
Not as nice as the Trekker 33N that I was considering, but at times I need to lane split.
I rather have the e21 and I know I don't have to worry about it.

The e21 & v46 plus the frunk carries enough for me (for now).

Installation was fast and easy.

Ken

Back