• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Show your license plate please.

AZ_Ed

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
When I was a young person my parents would have us kids look to see how many different plates we could find as we traveled. I thought it would be interesting to collect as many different plates as possible. Some states/countries/provinces have different versions, so if your plate style is different please post it.

If you are concerned with privacy you can block out your numbers, I would like to see the design or colors.
Thanks ed

I'll start with an Arizona plate:
Late Dec 2012.jpg

What's the inspection sticker below you tag, searsboy? It that an annual thing in Texas?

yes. annual thing here. i'm surprised you don't have it...it's a slick way for the state to get more $ and not raise taxes!!! they use the money for road construction and repairs...probably pads a few walletts too!
actually it's not a bad thing. all motor vehicles here used on the street have to pass this annual inspection. on bikes they check insurance, lights, horn and tire tread. on cars they add omissions, brakes, headlight aim and windshields (for severe cracks).
i say it's not a bad thing because just maybe they will keep a pos vehicle off the road that could pose a danger to others (bikes in particular).
the inspection sticker must be placed where easily viewed...the cars post them on the windshields next to the license tags.

Heres a UK plate The first 2 letters denote the area the number is the year and the last 3 letters are random. The plates are reflective
dcp_4237.jpg

Heres a UK plate The first 2 letters denote the area the number is the year and the last 3 letters are random. The plates are reflective

Wow, Thank you. I guess that means you get a new plate every year? Do the numbers change or just the year?

We keep ours for years, just the sticker changes and it is reflective. When my brother lived in Wyoming the first number on the plate indicated the county the vehicle was registered. I had forgotten that.
To the forum: If there are "special rules" associated with your plate please let us know. Very interesting! ed

Wow, Thank you. I guess that means you get a new plate every year? Do the numbers change or just the year?

We keep ours for years, just the sticker changes and it is reflective. When my brother lived in Wyoming the first number on the plate indicated the county the vehicle was registered. I had forgotten that.
To the forum: If there are "special rules" associated with your plate please let us know. Very interesting! ed

no it doesn't work like that. The number stays with the bike forever. the year number just shows the year of registration. To complicate it even more the year number changes twice a year so on the 1st March next year the number will change to 13 then on 1st September to 63. No I don't know why either :)

no it doesn't work like that. The number stays with the bike forever. the year number just shows the year of registration. To complicate it even more the year number changes twice a year so on the 1st March next year the number will change to 13 then on 1st September to 63. No I don't know why either :)

Probably because if not done this way (changing the year number), it would not be enough numbers? The 3 last letters only have room for 15625 registration numbers

EU_SWIT_OT.jpg

Our Swiss plates are not customisable (not allowed) and in many ways it makes sense while it may seem authoritarian to others who are more used to customising.
Personally I am glad I cannot and do not alter the plates.
Only one is needed at the rear.

Probably because if not done this way (changing the year number), it would not be enough numbers? The 3 last letters only have room for 15625 registration numbers

I was more questioning why the change in March rather than the start of the year and why 13 becomes 63. Our old system only changed once a year at that was on August first rather than January the first

yes. annual thing here. i'm surprised you don't have it...it's a slick way for the state to get more $ and not raise taxes!!! they use the money for road construction and repairs...probably pads a few walletts too!
actually it's not a bad thing. all motor vehicles here used on the street have to pass this annual inspection. on bikes they check insurance, lights, horn and tire tread. on cars they add omissions, brakes, headlight aim and windshields (for severe cracks).
i say it's not a bad thing because just maybe they will keep a pos vehicle off the road that could pose a danger to others (bikes in particular).
the inspection sticker must be placed where easily viewed...the cars post them on the windshields next to the license tags.

Thanks for the explanation. No we don't have anything like that in Oregon. But then, Oregon won't even let you pump your own gas. A bike rider does get to put the nozzle in the tank, but an attendant has to hand it to you and take it back. When I lived in CA many years ago they had inspections, but I don't remember having to pay an annual fee or have a sticker. They put up surprise stations in random places and had cars and bikes stop. If something was amiss you had 30 days (I think) to get it corrected at an approved repair shop. It did keep cars and bikes in good running shape. I get tired of being blinded by out of alignment headlights, or seeing trails of oil on the road surface from a vehicle that is leaking.

In the UK we have to buy a road fund licence every year which is a round paper disc which has to be displayed. To obtain this we have to show proof of insurance and if the bike is over 3 years old a MOT certificate. this certificate shows that the bike has passed an annual safety check as required once it becomes 3 years old. Although refere to as "Road Tax" the money goes into the general pot to be wasted on such things as MPs expenses and wars that have nothing to do with us

Do you guys realize there are those that use these numbers to access personal information about you and your family! Really true!! Its a mean world anymore!!!

Do you guys realize there are those that use these numbers to access personal information about you and your family! Really true!! Its a mean world anymore!!!

There ARE many sickos out there, but aren't they able to see the plates on the street or anytime they're not in your garage?

Back