• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Show Your Battle Scares

Brillot2000

Reaction score
Visit site
For many that do not know, I dropped "NaNCy" on this last Monday morning while headed to work after returning from a 4 week vacation. I was making a low speed right turn and "BAM" and I'm on the pavment sliding about 10-15 feet. Poor road conditions and "Shoddy" Los Angeles street repairs are to blame for this incident. The damages to NaNCy were not as bad as I thought they would be, my heart broke either way.

Here's what it all looked like afterwards:

IMG_3401.jpg

IMG_3402.jpg

IMG_3403.jpg

Here's what NaNCy looked like after I cleaned up all her wounds:

IMG_3405.jpg

IMG_3406.jpg

IMG_3407.jpg

Some replacements are still needed, such as the transmission oil filter plate and its hardware. They're on their way... :)

Show us your images of the "Battle Scares" that your NC have suffered and how you addressed them.

I haven't dropped a street bike since 16 years ago but when I do I blame nothing or no one but myself. I'm sorry about your bike damage, but I'm just sayin', it's not the road's fault.

Last edited:
I haven't dropped a street bike since 16 years ago but when I do I blame nothing or no one but myself. I'm sorry about your bike damage, but I'm just sayin', it's not the road's fault.

Well "CRAP HAPPENS!!!" :(

I wish there was some sort of indication of what had transpired to react to, such as feeling the rear sliding. There was "Nothing" of any kind, that's what made me so upset. I've been in far worst situations that I got myself out of requiring no thought, such as sliding on sand or gravel in the middle of an intersection while making a left turn. However those had some sort of indicators (feedback) that I was able to react to.

The bike is an extention of your body. The rider's senses has to be "Tied In" to the bike and be able to feel what the bike feels. If you do not that have that type of feedback, then things can get "Hairy" really quick. For some reason there was no connect between us that morning. :confused:

In a situation like that, all you can do is pick both yourself and bike up and then go from there. Dress both of your wounds and make the best of it.

NaNCy had all her wounds dressed and she has been treated to a couple of upgrades to boost her confidence, see below images… :)

IMG_3423.jpg

IMG_3424.jpg

Both my wounds, emotional and phyical will heal in time. I'm a fighter and I will continue too...

Last edited:
Wow, those images were graphic and made my heart skip a few beats.

Glad to know that the damages were minimal to say the least, like NaNCy. The "Sliding" on the pavement caused her to sustain a little bit more damages than you experienced.

The scratches are still there, but I have washed it a time or two since. A ding or two doesn't bother me nowadays. I guess I can thank my youngest son for that.
Those aren't the only scars on the NCX, Dales skid plate has some nasty one's on it also, but I was having fun putting those on.
Look at all those dings as badges.

The scratches are still there, but I have washed it a time or two since. A ding or two doesn't bother me nowadays. I guess I can thank my youngest son for that.
Those aren't the only scars on the NCX, Dales skid plate has some nasty one's on it also, but I was having fun putting those on.
Look at all those dings as badges.

Understandable. However I like to hide much of those scares or make them less visible as possible on my bikes that I can. NaNCy is my first "Brand New" bike in my life. I want to keep her looking "Good" in the many years to come, if you know what I mean. The scare on my right knee will be a constant reminder of this day. I have more "Battle Scares" on me from riding than all my bikes do. Those are my badges that I "PROUDLY" wear. :)

Thanks for the post. Glad you weren't badly hurt. My bike recently fell over with less than 200 miles on it. My 4th bike and I never dropped any of them until now. I guess my luck ran out. I still get a lump in my throat just thinking about it. The fall bent the shifter, scuffed the Honda Logo and cowl and scuffed the handlebars, minimal stuff really. I guess I should consider myself lucky, it's just enough damage to cry over but not enough to pay the $500+ in parts and labor to make it "brand new" again.

Thanks for the post. Glad you weren't badly hurt. My bike recently fell over with less than 200 miles on it. My 4th bike and I never dropped any of them until now. I guess my luck ran out. I still get a lump in my throat just thinking about it. The fall bent the shifter, scuffed the Honda Logo and cowl and scuffed the handlebars, minimal stuff really. I guess I should consider myself lucky, it's just enough damage to cry over but not enough to pay the $500+ in parts and labor to make it "brand new" again.

Thank you for following them all. My knee is still on the the road to recovery. It's still sore when I bump it at times.

What would help with minimizing those types of damages would be installing BarkBusters hand guards and a R&G Exhaust Projector in those instances. Honda sells front cowl panels that could cover up any significant damages. They are painted plastic and adhesively held in place. You might want to look into those as an option.

Back