• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Shots Fired: Yamaha FZ-07

according to a quick google search, seem like bike also runs on 87 octane. just like the NC. and it has something better then the NC, valve check is at 25k!, that is longer.

am hoping someday bikes engineer make bikes that requires no valve check/adj. like many cars of today, or even 100k

but still think the NC is very different then this bike. just because of the storage. no bike in the market has storage like the NC ( except the MANA, which is crap)

if they made this bike with storage, abs, and traction control then i think it would become a direct competitor that can blow the NC.

according to a quick google search, seem like bike also runs on 87 octane. just like the NC. and it has something better then the NC, valve check is at 25k!, that is longer.

am hoping someday bikes engineer make bikes that requires no valve check/adj. like many cars of today, or even 100k

but still think the NC is very different then this bike. just because of the storage. no bike in the market has storage like the NC ( except the MANA, which is crap)

if they made this bike with storage, abs, and traction control then i think it would become a direct competitor that can blow the NC.

I don't think I've heard from a single person on the board that the valve were out of spec at the 8k, though some people moved them back into the center of the spec range.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that we could probably check our valves on the NC every 25K and still be doing fine. Though even looking at the FZ-7 I'm guessing a valve adjustment is a fair amount more work than it would be on the NC.

Though even looking at the FZ-7 I'm guessing a valve adjustment is a fair amount more work than it would be on the NC.

I'd like to see the procedure for the FZ. Just looking at it, I bet you're right. Tank off, plastics off, etc and then access the valves from the top (instead of the front like the NC).

6353956334860974172015-FZ-07-engine.jpg

Looks like maybe you could leave the radiator in place? Maybe? Who knows what kind of plumbing is on top of the valve cover though. My Bandit 1250 had all kinds of crap in the way you had to remove, even after getting the tank off (PAIR system, thermostat, etc).

trey

Back