• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Shorty brake lever - what am I doing wrong?

jmark10

Reaction score
Visit site
So far I've ordered two sets of levers from Ebay, both purported to fit my '15 DCT, and neither fit. They're both too narrow/short/flat in the flat area that the screw goes through - they wobble badly inside the fixed bracket. My fix was a few rubber washers on either side to snug them up. Which would be fine...but then I realize that the part of the lever that pushes against the actual "brake button activation thing" (technical term - look it up) fixed to the handlebars, is too short, and not enough lever material is there to make full contact.

I can't be the first person with this problem, right?

I've seen the Puig adapted on Revzilla, and that seems like it *might* work...but that negates the attraction of buying a cheap brake lever just because I want a short black one.

Am I accidentally ordering levers for the wrong year? Or maybe NC700S instead of X? Are they that different?

Anyway - anyone got a link to a cheap black shorty adjustable brake lever that actually fits?

I bought cheap, long levers on eBay and they work great. But I’m pleased with them. No experience with the shorty ones, though.

eBay and cheap; not a recipe for success.
PSR levers. Cheap, no. Work, yes. I've had mine for a while now and they are fine. I have the long lever. Slight wobble inside the bracket; nothing that a nylon washer sanded to fit would not fix (not rubber it will bind), but I haven't found it sufficient to do so.

CNR SHORT LEVER - LEVER - SPORTBIKE

Chapparal sells them, as do others:
PSR Click N Roll Brake Lever - ChapMoto.com

Thanks for the comment about the rubber vs nylon washer - I'll keep that in mind from now on. I was using rubber washers to try to make the other ones fit.

Back