• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Seat 'space' filler

bduffey

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So I raised up the seat using the over-sized bumper and 'tongue on top of the bracket' trick. But I'm trying to come up with a way to fill the space between the seat bottom and the side cowling after the seat is raised. I've had to shoo bees out from under the seat twice now and would like to fill up the space.

I've tried sliding some foam strips into the space, but I'm not crazy about the looks.

Any ideas/solutions?

So I raised up the seat using the over-sized bumper and 'tongue on top of the bracket' trick. But I'm trying to come up with a way to fill the space between the seat bottom and the side cowling after the seat is raised. I've had to shoo bees out from under the seat twice now and would like to fill up the space.

I've tried sliding some foam strips into the space, but I'm not crazy about the looks.

Any ideas/solutions?

How about one large piece of foam, instead of multiple smaller ones?

I'm sure you could put a piece of black foam (fairly thick, if the softer open cell type is used) cut out to the shape matching the contours of the seat under there, no? Just cut out the sections required like at the seat tongue bracket spot, and around the seat support bumpers, and make the perimeter a tiny bit smaller than the seat, so it just makes it black and blendy-inny under there.

...maybe :eek:

Back