• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Screaming Banshee

Screaming Banshee - Loud Motorcycle Horns and Safety Systems
The link is for an air horn/light flasher combo or just the horn. Anybody familiar the product? I've had the Fiamms and Stebel on other bikes. Anything that will save our mule is usually worth it.

Decent idea. I gave up on giving anyone a "friendly toot" so I'd just wire it as a direct replacement. In an emergency, for the 1/2 second that you would be listening to the polite but pathetic bleah of the stock horn, your bike would have travelled 44 feet at 60 mph. I have done this myself on a previous bike by adding a Stebel air horn and a relay connection to flash the high beam - but I am not putting that on my NC because:

1) The Stebel is a big honker and I wasn't up to the challenge of locating it somewhere on the bike.
2) Air horns have a notoriously short life compared to electrics
3) I came upon a couple of people who thought that the flashing headlight was my signal to them that it was OK to turn left in front of me. It only takes one.

I think flashing lights can be mistaken for "permission to proceed" when not attached to a public safety vehicle. Have you ever arrived at an intersection and had someone flash their lights to you as a "go ahead" signal? Maybe you have even done it. On my NC I have installed dual (high-low) Fiamm electric horns with no headlight link.

On my NC I have installed dual (high-low) Fiamm electric horns

Lee, where do you placed them? I found no room where the stock horn is to place the two Fiamm horns... Just looking for ideas. If you plan to do a "extreme farkling" chapter on it, I will wait patiently

Lee, where do you placed them? I found no room where the stock horn is to place the two Fiamm horns... Just looking for ideas. If you plan to do a "extreme farkling" chapter on it, I will wait patiently

I will include some pictures soon. One is located in the stock position and the other is attached at the frame connection to the right-hand Givi Engine guard. Both with trumpets pointed downward.

Back